Plane Design's new Spitfire

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Mike D
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Mike D »

The great joy of the Realair Spit is the way it FLIES as well as the way that it looks. For me to part with any more cash on Spitfires, a new one will have to match that feeling of joie de vivre that no other FS aircraft has replicated.

Miike D

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

We're really trying hard (last time I checked we were on about the 18th iteration of the air files), and with input from real world Spitfire pilots I think we're getting fairly close in control responses.

One thing that's been quite gratifying is we had a play around with the balance of the aircraft and we've managed to duplicate the quite nasty handling when the aircraft was heavy on fuel. As some of you know, the Spitfire XVI usually had fuel tanks fitted in the rear of the fuselage, and when these were filled they made the aircraft longitudinally unstable, meaning that if you pull back on the stick and release, the aircraft will continue to pitch up until you push the stick forward to check the pitching movement.