de Havilland Moth Family

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spitfiresrbest
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

de Havilland Moth Family

Post by spitfiresrbest »

I have a Tiger Moth. Does anyone know of any other members of the Moth family that are available for download either freeware or payware?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi SrB and welcome to the forum :wink:

Alas, I fear the Tiggie is the only one available at present. Would be glad to hear otherwise :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ferryman
Meteor
Meteor

Post by ferryman »

If you're using one of the older versions of MSFS, there's was a freeware FS2k Leopard Moth and a FS5(?) DH60 Moth - I think both worked in FS2k2.
John Lawler

biplaneflyer
Meteor
Meteor

Post by biplaneflyer »

If we are talking FS9 then sadly only the Tiger - 3 versions to choose from Bill Lyons, Warwick Carters, and John Woodside -all freeware. The Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight payware Tiger Moth is due out soon I believe.

There is a fs2002 Gypsy Moth although an FS5 model and a FS2000 Leopard Moth that I think works in fs2002

Sadly light British aircraft seem to have been somewhat neglected, although there are one or two under development, including a Gypsy Moth I believe.

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

I reckon you lads are just too demanding!

The Leopard Moth flies quite nicely in FS2004 - control surfaces don't animate and you can't see the prop but she flies beautifully and the panel works. It even has a VC! - although not dynamic.

Go on! Give an old lady a second chance!

spitfiresrbest
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by spitfiresrbest »

Thanks for your help guys. Things are as I had feared. I do agree that UK light aircraft have been somewhat neglected. I had the Leopard Moth when I used FS2002 and used to enjoy flying her I simply wondered whether or not I had missed anything because I keep stumbling over new sites and brilliant new aircraft. I can't wait for the Gipsy Moth :)

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Alex,

I decided to try the Leopard Moth again after not being able to get it started in FS2002. I discovered that the control surfaces do still animate, although someone had swiped the prop! Still couldn't get it started, but if I loaded and started something else and then switched back to the Moth, all was fine. If anyone has fix for that I would be grateful. It's a nice aeroplane and, like the DH89, very evocative of it's period. Would be great to see a new version of it for FS9 or FSX - but I'm not holding my breath!

Best,

Myles

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Myles,

Its a lovely little aircraft.

I have recently been working on a Supermarine Swift for FS9 but seeing as Alphasim and a Ito San have released one that project has been pushed back. Also I have a Buccaneer in the works but there are at least two or three of those also due for release in the next year.

So perhaps a Leopard Moth might be an interesting sideline.

However I can't seem to find a 3-view of it anywhere, can anyone help out?
Also, I can find plenty of pics of her in Civvy schemes but not of the Fleet Air Arm ones.

Any help appreciated.

Alex

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

would a Putnam style 3d be of any use?

I'll see if I can dig one out of Jackson's De H since... volume.

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Hello Allan,

Certainly, anything at all is of use. Many thanks for the offer, that would be most appreciated!

Alex