Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks Pete.. I was hoping you'd drop in to clear the mud :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

You're welcome. I always knew those 2 years spent "flight plan bashing" deep in the bowels of the Queen's Building in the late 60s would come in useful one day! :wink:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Super VC10's are now ICAO code VC15. Fleet and Flightplan pages are now showing correctly. Those using VC15 for sig pic need to refresh your profile sig pic selection to make changes take effect.

Rgds

John

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hi
Got an answer from ICAO :shock: , which clearly didn't help me in any way... :wink: .here's a quote of the correspondence;

Dear Mr. Hansen,
With reference to your e-mail dated 23 August 2006 addressed to the International Civil Aviation Organization, concerning your question with regard to the registration of older aircraft codes in the ICAO document Aircraft Type Designator (Doc 8643). I would like to inform you that the current listing of designators in (Doc 8643) are for those aircraft types that ICAO is aware of and that are still flying around the world. You may wish to carry out an individual search for specific models registered in Doc 8643 that you are looking for by accessing the following free website address http://www.icao.int/anb/ais/8643/index.cfm If you are aware of any aircraft types that are not listed in Doc 8643 and that are still flying then please inform us accordingly and I would be pleased to present your findings to the ATDSG (Aircraft Type Designator Study Group), who will review your findings and render a decision if a new designator is to be allocated. If you require a copy of this document in either electronic (ASCII format) or printed format , you can purchase it from our document sales office by calling 1-514-954-8219 local 8022 or by e-mailing us at <[email protected]>. I hope that this answers your question.
Best regards,
Steven Laskie
Technical Assistant
AIS/MAP Section
International Civil Aviation Organization
Disclaimer
This message does not constitute official ICAO correspondence; the Organization is not responsible for its contents or the consequences of its use, nor for inaccurate transmission or misdirection.

Sent: August 23, 2006 03:53
To: Query_Inbox
Subject: Old ICAO codes?
Hello

I'm a aviation enthusiast from Denmark, and a keen flight simulator flyer.

Recently our Virtual Airline (which flies older aircrafts) came to a discussion about older ICAO codes.

The Vickers VC10 came in two "flavours" the Standard and the Super were the ICAO codes VC10 / VC15 ?

What about the different BAC one-eleven types? The Tridents, Viscounts or the Vanguards?

Are there any places where one could find those old designators?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Yours sincerely

Dan K. Hansen
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Dan

It's like asking if the blue or the green is best and getting an answer telling you to use the red. :k: :think: :doh:

They miss the point like only an official body can :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I might add, that when I followed this message up this very evening, Steve came with an almost instant reply, that he unfortunately couldn't be of more help in this matter as he isn't aware of any listings of designators for aircrafts that is no longer in use.

That is a quick response I think.

I had hoped that they had some kind of archive where these historic data could be found, but apparently not.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

DanKH wrote:What about the different BAC one-eleven types? The Tridents, Viscounts or the Vanguards?
Are there any places where one could find those old designators? I had hoped that they had some kind of archive where these historic data could be found
Sure is, Dan - try here! :wink:
http://www.cbfsim.org/cb-bb/viewtopic.php?p=90216#90216
Pete

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

:lol:

Yes, but I'm not sure that ICAO-members watches this forum....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image