Vanguard question

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

steveuk
Meteor
Meteor

Vanguard question

Post by steveuk »

Hi

I have to say Rick Piper's Vanguard is excellent, especially coupled now with Fraser's tyne sounds and panel, but there was one thing I was wondering :think: there are 4 seperate models in the pack 951 952 953 and 953c. I'm assuming there must be external differences between them to warrant different model files. Could somebody point out what the differences are to me? :roll: as i'm having trouble spotting them :dunno:

Thanks

Steve

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Hi Steve,

The V951, as delivered to BEA, is outwardly distinguishable, by having 13 cockpit windows rather than 11 on the other models. the 952 and 953 are structuraly similar, the 952 being built for TCA originally. the 953C is a freighter conversion of the 953.

Cheers

Fraser

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The only visual difference on the outside with a real 952 and 953 are..

The small portholes at the rear of the main cabin and on the rear cabin are missing on the 952. These windows were on the prototype and the 951 as well.

The 953 has door handles at the bottom of the door as did the prototype and the 951

The 952 has door handles in the normal position above the centreline of the door.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

flugkapitan
Meteor
Meteor

Post by flugkapitan »

Hi all,

Has Fraser released an updated Vanguard panel? If so, where might I find it? I was just at avsim, flightsim, and Classic British Files and couldn't find it.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Scott,

The latest versions of ALL Frasers panels is v4 and includes the Viscount 700/802/810 and Vanguard (there is a further patch for the Viscounts). All of these are available from Classic British Files :wink:

Regards

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

I could only find V 1.0. at CB files. - 17 more pages of 'homework'! If V 4.0 is out there (where?) I hope its not too different!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello RHS..

You are completely correct!! :shock: Why that file isn't v4 I've no idea. Will look into it for you (though I have nothing to do with CBF). V4 isn't a great deal different from the original.. just brought up to the latest standard (806/810/700) :wink:

EDIT.. Sri for the possible duff steer. There IS a v4 Vanguard panel as I've been using it for yonks. I'd presumed it was finished and released along with the Viscount updates but having checked the thread in R&D (which has been dormant for some time).. I can't put hand on heart and guarantee it's even been finished :roll: Again.. sincere apologies for having you guy's chase around for what wasn't there :sad: Perhaps Fraser will read this and give you all an update :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

steveuk
Meteor
Meteor

Post by steveuk »

Great!....thanks for the info guys...I can see the difference now :doh:

I should look a bit more closely next time :lol:

Steve

flugkapitan
Meteor
Meteor

Post by flugkapitan »

Thanks for the info. I hope Fraser is still working on the newer version - been looking forward to it since I saw a post mentioning it. I've been really enjoying his latest versions of the Viscount panels.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

anyone
just wondering if anybody would have information
as to calculating fuel for the VAnguard??
been planning to move one to the solomons and
I'd hate to runout before I reached the planed destination
:worried: