Rehabilitation of Offenders

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Not really sure why it's such an issue though guys.

There's no difference in benefits or pay, so why is it a big issue whether or not you're 100%?

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

It's the feeling....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Good 'nuff. :smile:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Since the number of pax you have is based partly on your pilots reputation, that last 0.1% might make the difference between filling that last seat or not.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

It doesn't.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

But it could, based on our initial description of FlyNET
The load you carry per flight is a factor of

Ticket price factor (too high and factor is low) x Airline Reputation x Seating capacity of act x pilot % ranking.
Granted 0.1% is not going to shift it much but its possible. Personally I see no reason why the formula for a pilots reputation should be different from that of the airline.
Last edited by blanston12 on 15 Jun 2006, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Good point, well brought up Joe, It would be nice though if you make yourself look a total pratt by leaving the lights on or off at certain altitudes twice in one flight to be able to eventually redeem yourself.

Just a thought lads, don't join Air Yemen VA, they'll chop your joystick hand off for the same offence.

Regards

Sean

Passing around magnets to those who cannot detect irony

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

blanston12 wrote:But it could, based on our initial description of FlyNET
The load you carry per flight is a factor of

Ticket price factor (too high and factor is low) x Airline Reputation x Seating capacity of act x pilot % ranking.
Granted 0.1% is not going to shift it much but its possible. Personally I see no reason why the formula for a pilots reputation should be different from that of the airline.
Actually, Konny's calculations work in whole numbers to minimize the chance of a partial person, so it rounds to the nearest whole percentage point. Because of this, there is no change in load factor with your pilot rating between 95% and 100% regardless of aircraft size. Also, airline reputation never will be perfect if there have been deductions. Because reputation is a point structure you won't be able to tell as starting reputation isn't perfect either, so it ends up being really odd to figure out how to be "perfect" since no one is. :smile:

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Actually, Konny's calculations work in whole numbers to minimize the chance of a partial person, so it rounds to the nearest whole percentage point. Because of this, there is no change in load factor with your pilot rating between 95% and 100% regardless of aircraft size. Also, airline reputation never will be perfect if there have been deductions. Because reputation is a point structure you won't be able to tell as starting reputation isn't perfect either, so it ends up being really odd to figure out how to be "perfect" since no one is.
If .5 is a whole number then I am the Pope, gracious of you to admit no one is perfect. If you want to round out to the nearest whole go to McDonalds

WTF is a partial person??????????

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Sean -

I said for the calculation purposes, the number is rounded to the nearest whole to prevent the system trying to calculate a "partial person". Thus if you have a 99.5% pilot rating, it will calculate your rating as 100% so that the end caclulation is a whole number and there is not a need to try and rectify it to a whole number post-calculation which could cause issues when then calculating the weight from passenger numbers and such.