British 90s "leisure airlines"

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Looking at the list again, Air 2000 just became First Choice Airlines.

Same Boeing 757s (G-OOO?) and A320s. I flew on one of the A320s last year and it still has "Air 2000" on a plaque in the cabin.

Many of the 757s went to Canada in the winter for Canada 3000 and were given Canadian registrations for the duration, often C-GOO? (eg G-OOOG <-> C-GOOG)

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Canada 3000 went out of business I think a few years ago as did a fair few other Canadian operators. Both were formed by "Owners Abroad" group, Air 2000 (AMM) in 1987 on a startup capital of only about £1m. During the 1990s, small First Choice logos appeared on the fuselage and then livery changed from the smart red and gold cheatlines to the tacky colourful one and then improved only very slightly with the current FCA scheme.

amo
Meteor
Meteor

Post by amo »

I have to agree with the call that the Air 2000 red and gold was a far nicer livery and (easier for me to do next!!) :lol:
and as Toby said just add First Choice small logos under front windows.
The revised First Choice blobs will be a bit of a nightmare to do.
Just finished Excalibur at:
http://www.fantasyf1art.pwp.blueyonder. ... alibur.htm

Cheers
amo

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

How many excalibur ones have you got planned? IIRC each one had a different coloured tail and title :smile: ?

amo
Meteor
Meteor

Post by amo »

I thought it was just purple!
Will have a look on airliners.net.
Do you have/want the Crossair Jumboliner Logo that they used to carry on the 146's/Rj85's.?
Got it flying from Edinburgh to Zurich although my daughter has stuck the original on her bookcase in the loft!! :tuttut:
http://www.fantasyf1art.pwp.blueyonder. ... xjumbo.htm
Cheers
amo

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I have never seen that before :lol:

Re the Excalibur A320s, I thought that some were purple, some more of a blue and some more of a deep pink (red/purple) butchecking a.net again it may actually all be the same colour in different lighting conditions, different film types etc!

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Toby,

There will be a few more Swiss 146 around - when I flew with them in April, the in-flight magazine indicated that they were standardising the European fleet on the 146. So maybe all the BA Connect ones will go there?

The Saab 2000 have gone to "Darwin", don't know what they are doing with the ERJs

Ian

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

A number of the BA Connect / BACX Avro RJ100s from the G-CFA* block have already gone over to Swiss. I had previously thought that they, along with other larger operators were phasing 146s and RJs out.

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

Excalibur were white with purple tailplane and silver writing??

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TobyVickers wrote:A number of the BA Connect / BACX Avro RJ100s from the G-CFA* block have already gone over to Swiss. I had previously thought that they, along with other larger operators were phasing 146s and RJs out.
Yep Toby you're right they were phasing them out at one time....but it seem a constantly changing situation over there and that appears to be reversed now.

Could even be because they are cheap to acquire and perhaps a re think of routes makes them more viable than other types.

It may not be a greyhound but the reasons for it's creation, lifting a good load in and out of a restricted area quietly still hold good today.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."