It's Died!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Oh God I hope not. I just pray its the psu. Especially as it's not kicking in at all.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Might also be worth checking the motherboard to see if any of the capacitors are bulging and/or bleeding.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

What about the CMOS battery...Lack of BIOS would prevent posting...but you would have noticed it forgetting the correct date and time a while ago if it was that. I had that a while ago after a power failure from lightning strike and my CMOS memory was gone and could not be restored...I had to fit a new Mobo to fix it but all the drives data and RAID array were intact when I woke it up...I've got one of those protected power supplies now, so if the mains power goes down I get a continuous beep that warns me to save and shut down ASAP before the reserve battery goes flat :think:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I just have no technical knowledge in terms of how they operate. Fingers crossed it's something small. Otherwise I will be doing even more overtime to pay for it. Good job I love my job.
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Well, a new power supply and motherboard later I am back up and running. Cost me £80, but it's good to be back.
Jetty!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well Done Jetty...Nice to see you back...I was wondering how it was going :dance:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Thanks Peter!
Jetty!

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

sory to hear about the PC troubles Jetty
Nice to smell new stuff burning in eh?
sniff ........ahh
:wink:
and thanks for the WB

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Good to here that Jetset........Nothing worse than not knowing what the prob is.............Has happened to me in the past............Not funny.

Anyway, nice to see your're posting again.

Regards Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Thanks guy's, just lost all of the FS stuff, so it's time to slowly start rebuilding my collection. As I mentioned in another post I am looking into more sailing now, so may knock FS on the head a bit.
Jetty!