Grob 115E (Tutor) Re-released for FS2004

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

I think you're getting confused with the UKMIL FSX version
Well wasnt that the one I installed from the link??? into FSX... odd that it comes with an installer but does not have an unistaller so you know where things go!

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

the reason it cant have an uninstaller, is it installs shared effect and gauge files, and if you were to use an uninstaller, it would remove them, and other aircraft would loose those effects

if you want to remove the aircraft, simply go to your AIRPLANES folder and delete the GROB folder, thats it!!

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

petermcleland wrote:Just rummaged through my Gliding logbooks and it seems I never flew a Tutor...My experience is confined to T31, T21, Prefect and Swallow.
And some seed fell on stony ground! :smile:

My logbook missed out on the T31, but I did manage the others, as well as the Grasshopper - once - and the T45 Capstan.

Don't suppose the young snipperwhappers will be any the wiser. :wink:

kit
Trident
Trident

Post by kit »

AllanL,
AllanL wrote:.....the T45 Capstan.
Now there's a nice looking aircraft!

I flew in one a few times waaaaay back when and I've always figured it would make a nice FS model. But I've tried to do it 3-4 times as a 'starter' aircraft in FSDS2 but failed spectacularly. One day maybe...........
Regards
Kit

steelsporran
VC10
VC10

Post by steelsporran »

AllanL wrote:
petermcleland wrote:Just rummaged through my Gliding logbooks and it seems I never flew a Tutor...My experience is confined to T31, T21, Prefect and Swallow.
My logbook missed out on the T31,
Don't suppose the young snipperwhappers will be any the wiser. :wink:

All you missed out on was a 3-5 min flight time MAX!
Aaah, those winter aero-tows..... ice-cream headache anyone?
steelsporran

seb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by seb »

Thank you, i love the grob infact i had a flight in one with the AEF earlier in the week extremley fun :smile:

Seagull
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Seagull »

Peter, many happy reminders of the old days. I got my 'C' Cert in the T21 for a 30 minute solo flight and gain of height. Very pleasant.

kit
Trident
Trident

Post by kit »

Ah yes, the T-21.....

A year or so ago they had an open day at the Gliding Club at Aston Down, just east of Stroud, Glos and I went along there to see what was what. They were offering flights in a small fleet of sailplanes and when my turn came I was likely to be in a Grob 103, but I asked to be moved to the T-21 that was behind the Grob in the launch queue! The guy in charge obviously thought I was deranged but let me switch anyway. :lol:

I'd last flown a T-21 in 1958 when I was 15 and for some reason it seemed as if they've lowered the cockpit coaming or raised the seat since then. :smile:

But it was JUST as cold and the flight was just as short too. Even with those huge wings you couldn't really say a T-21 was a 'sailplane'. I'm impressed by anyone who managed a 30 min. flight in one for sure.
Regards
Kit