I enjoyed this very much...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Prop Jockey wrote: I know Win XP has a problem reporting the memory, as in my particular example, my laptop has 4Gb but XP Pro will only report 3.25Gb. I understand that this is a recognised problem (according to my IT chaps), but Windows will use the full 4Gb despite only reporting 3.25Gb.
Yes, they are quite right...I've now put in the 3GBs according to the rules for the slots and DDR is activated. Bios correctly reports 3145728KBs of memory. Windows correctly reprts 3,072 MB of memory but says that Available is 2.42GB. However, watching MemStatus while running FS9 reveals that the used % Bar is indicating correctly as if 3GB is available but the totals have a bug as "Used" shows Zero till the % Bar reaches 33%. It is obvious from watching various aspects that the whole 3 GB is in fact available and will be used.

With regard to the Page File...I tried NO paging file but this prevents Diskeeper from working as it relies on the Page File for defragging. I have now set a "System Managed" Page File on one of my drives but have not yet seen FS9 use it and it may well be that it won't use it :smile: