I enjoyed this very much...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks Peter

What an amazing 3D effect. :dance:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well, I'm pretty busy getting all my German scenery working and fitted with AES as Aerosoft adapt more and more of their airports. However, I'm finding this FranceVFR scenery pretty tempting. I think I will just keep and eye on it till they bring out the Autogen, then I might well buy it all.

I'm beginning to think that FS9 will be the last edition of FS that I ever use seriously, so I'm looking to futureproof it with all the best scenery available.

Also have just bought a matching pair of 1GB Corsair memory sticks and can't make up my mind whether to put my pair of 512s into the other two slots...I've been reliably informed that Windows XP can only cope with 2.5 GBs of memory!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Wow that looks rather nice. I wonder what the go-around procedure is like :smile:

Re, the RAM. I allways thought it was 4gig max but that depends on the motherboard. You might as well stick them in and see if windows see's it.
With 2 gig of ram anyway you wont even need a pagefile :smile:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

jonesey2k wrote:Wow that looks rather nice. I wonder what the go-around procedure is like :smile:

Re, the RAM. I allways thought it was 4gig max but you might as well stick them in and see if windows see's it.
With 2 gig of ram anyway you wont even need a pagefile :smile:
Well, according to the manual for the mobo (ABIT IC7-G) I can put the new pair of 1GBs in DIMM slots 1 and 3 and the old pair of 512s in DIMM slots 2 and 4, without breaking the rules for full DDR operation. So I think I'll just do that and see what happens :think:

Are you serious about not using a pagefile?...Never heard of anyone actually doing that with FS :worried:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Iver never tried it myself having only 1gb but I would have thought that with 3GB of physical memory it should work ok.

*Edit* Bit of research suggest its best to leave it turned on.

One trick I am using though is moving the pagefile onto another hard disc. Seems to give a small boost in performace.
Last edited by jonesey2k on 13 Jan 2007, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Hi Chaps,

I know Win XP has a problem reporting the memory, as in my particular example, my laptop has 4Gb but XP Pro will only report 3.25Gb. I understand that this is a recognised problem (according to my IT chaps), but Windows will use the full 4Gb despite only reporting 3.25Gb. Again, thats according to my IT chaps and they'll usually swear the sky is red if it means they're left alone to listen to Guns n Roses and pen snotty e-mails requiring users to reduce the sizes of their e-mail inboxes.

Presumably Vista will fix this ?

Cheers

Rich

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Prop Jockey wrote:Presumably Vista will fix this ?
Yes Rich, Windows Vista does address the full 4 GBs but Windows Vista is something else that I'm avoiding like the plague for at least another couple of years :smile:

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

wow, that scenery is amazing! and animated ski lifts are a great addition. if there are winter snow textures that's a must buy for me.

here is another good un: http://www.llhinfo.com/LLH5_en.html

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Hinch

Isn't that the same place as Peters link ? :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."