Dak overshoot at Benson

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Dak overshoot at Benson

Post by Chris558 »

Saw a Dakota (almost certainly ZA947, BBMF) on the Benson approach today (runway 19) gear up, so presumably overshooting. Time was about 1.30. Anyone know anything?

auster
Viscount
Viscount

Post by auster »

Chris,

If you are close to Benson, do you remember the little strip at Wallingford adjacent to the river? I think it was within the Benson zone. Flew into it a few times. Quite exciting. Landing between the corn and then taxiing over the railway sleeper bridge. Once had a marvellous breakfast fly-in there. Have a poor quality video of it still.

Ralph

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

It's been at EGDM at least once this week, can't for the life of me remember when though! Me thinks Wednesday.

Sat right down on the Tristar apron, read something on the NG about parachute trials...
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

Hi Ralph,

No I don't know about the strip at Wallingford, but I have recently discovered a 'new' grass Airfield at Ipsden, just south of Wallingford.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I know there used to be one a bit further down from Wallingford toward Goring. Not sure if it's still there :think: Never seen anything other than balloons take off from round here.. other than Benson itself that is :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!