2 Brill books i read on hols...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

2 Brill books i read on hols...

Post by Chris Sykes »

Went on hols for a week down to Devon (Cr*p weather) then over to France for 4 days (better weather)... Saw some of the WW2 V2 bases being built ner the end of the war (highly recommended if in the region of St Omer/Calais) During the hols i read 2 fantstic books...

Well firstly i read, and couldnt put down "Vulcan 607". OMG what a book and what a story it told... Well if you havent read it then youd better do so, Its just amazing how many times it nearly "balls up"!!!

The second was "Hostile Skies". This book is an acount from a RAF exchange pilot flying Shars during the conflict and is also a high recomended!!! Amazed by how many times it could have gone the argies way...

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

'Vulcan 607' is on my 'must read' list. :smile:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

'Vulcan 607' was on offer at Waterstones for half rrp a couple of weeks ago. Bought a copy ready for my hols.

Rgds

John

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Thanks for the link, just got a copy of this to read, I've heard its good elsewhere as well as on here and its about time it gets read!

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I've just finished reading Vulcan 607 (got mine at Tesco, £3.97) and have to say that its the best book I've read in a long, long time. Be prepared to sit up half the night reading, because you won't be able to put it down.

Regards

Kevin

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Yep thats true!!! But i do surgest you get the other one i mentioned, its nearly as good as Vulcan 607

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Chris,

Yes, I enjoyed Hostile Skies too. I'm just reading "In the Red" at the moment, by Terry Kingsley...I bought it because I flew with him many years ago at Pembrey and I was interested in his later career. I have just finished the section about his time in the "Red Arrows" and found it very detailed and interesting. I don't quite like his writing style in the book but never the less, I'm finding that I can't really put it down. I was disappointed to find it priced at £21.75 but found an "As New" copy at Amazon for £9.99. It arrived in three days and is absolutely pristine :smile:

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Thanks for the tip!!