2 Questions If i May

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

UKVoodoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

2 Questions If i May

Post by UKVoodoo »

Hi all

1.Does anybody still use/have the PSS Vulcan XH558 if so do u have a corrected contact points for this gem as after reinstallin again ive found its wheels sit slightly under the runway(n I dont think shes that fat even with fuel :lol:)

2.I have a smoke effect that I use on an aircraft that shuts off after 5 secs and I want it to remain on like a normal smoke effect does , can anyone tell me which section I have to edit to create the desired effect

Thanks
Matt :thumbsup:

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Matt.I have just reinstalled the Vulcan on FS9 and have noticed the problem with the wheels.Haven't yet come across your second problem.I will also watch for any replies.BTW the previous install was on FS2002 and I don't recall similar probs there but that was some time ago.ATB EricT :smile:
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

I have it too Matt - I'll take a look

Brian

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Hi Folks,

I'm moving this to the Payware section :wink:

Derek
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Thanks Brian I foud this the crapiest airfile ever even Mr Ito could have taught them a thing or 2 The Vulcan was not Mach 1 plus the clue was on the early release going into the air file with a proper editor, down towards the bottom near primary dynamics was another entry YET ANOTHER NAME this revealed Concorde hence the + mach 1 speed after I posted this revilation to their forum that part of the airfile dissapeard. PSS it seems is now Flight ! or somesuch. as far as I can see the origional airfile was the Ms 2002 Concorde and still is

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Well I just took a flight in the old girl and wow is time a healer or what. I really didn't remember her flying that badly. She tore off down the runway like a scalded cat, lept into the air and was doing 700+kts in less than two miles.

On the contacts I've notice that with engines stopped she assumes one posture and it is possible to set the contact points and balance with ease.

Once she starts up she adopts a quite different posture and almost seems to be balancing on a pivot point. This is going to take a little work but it's worth it just to keep the old girl flying (heard that one before somewhere)

Brian

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Ah well shutta my mouth 700 Kts in less than 2 miles why did they waste all my dosh on the crappie Tornado and Jag. a dual purpose bomber/fighter wasted.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was just me who'd noticed the supersonic performance at low level!! :lol:

Interested to see what you can come up with Brian :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

When I try to fly it I take off OK but then it accelerates and stalls at the same time so I'm passing through 200 on the way to the ground :dunno:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Try this guys, quick and dirty fixes but if it helps!

BACK UP YOUR EXISTING AIRCRAFT.CFG & .AIR FILES FIRST

http://www.simshed.co.uk/transfer/vulcan/config.zip

unzip direct to your Vulcan folder

Brian