Free IRIS T-6A Alpha Test/taster aircraft

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Free IRIS T-6A Alpha Test/taster aircraft

Post by Chris Sykes »

I know its neither Classic nor British but its free!!! IRIS have released an Alpha test version for you to try out!!! Please all comments and constructive feedback are welcome!!! Please read the forum post for all info and terms etc...
{EDIT} Link removed due to newer version{EDIT}
Last edited by Chris Sykes on 04 Aug 2007, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Downloaded this yesterday, I've just not had a chance to try it out yet. It certainly looks impressive from the screenshots David has put up on the site.

As for not being British, don't BAe have some sort of marketing deal with Pilatus for the PC-9, stemming back to the trainer requirement that gave us the Tucano? I seem to recall that the Saudi purchase came about as a result of that connection. And the Republic of Ireland has the PC-9M in service, and they are right next door to us. :smile:

AndyG

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks for the tip, Chris. :smile:

Brian

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

thats no probs Brian... Yes BAe have 2 i believe!!! Also this should be the last chance to grab it before its released payware after testing and finalalising!!!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

FSX version on page two of same post!!! :wink: with some extras too!!!

Piccy!!!

IRIS - David Brice
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by IRIS - David Brice »

Bump mapping is a bitch! The FSX teaser only has the upper wings done, however the version I'll be handing out to Chris and the other beta testers later today has a fully bump mapped plane.. oo, and I sussed out the prop opacity issue and have nicer looking props now... don't know why MS had to change the building process...ah well. lol. :worried:

Oh and I want to pass a large thanks to Rick Piper for the assistance he's given so far.. Rick is responsible for how well this baby flies.. :) :welldone:

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Theres a new taster/tester pack of the T-6 out, it comes in two schemes, IRIS colours and a US one... Now sadly im the only one having model display problems so please if you are having such problems please let us know and also state your system specs... Thanks... Have fun and heres the link to forum post and file!!!

http://www.irissimulations.com/e107_plu ... c.php?1193

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Do you mean model display in the sim or the selection menu? I'm getting the latter, but apparently it is something to do with the way the designer models details. Once in sim it all shows up and does look the business.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

the first instance, in sim, in the preview that happens due to xml coded parts and cant be helped... Where i mean in sim im meaning parts of the visual model are not where they are ment to be... IE out of place big time...

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Visual Model: David Brice
Textures: David Brice
Flight Model: Rick Piper :shock:
Sounds: Default Microsoft
Panel: Default Microsoft
Has he crossed to 'the dark side', no not payware.....modern non-classic 'foreign' aeroplanes
:worried: :-#
ATB Trev