Heads Up, BAe 146 Panel V4

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Heads Up, BAe 146 Panel V4

Post by AndyG »

I wasn't sure if this had been mentioned, but the latest version (version 4) of Mathias Lieberecht's labour of love, the panel for the BAe 146, is now available over at Flightsim; it may possibly appear at Avsim later, but there have been "issues".

As well as the mother of all panels you also get revised FDE's for the various 146 models available, from Mike Stone, Jon Murchison, Paul Hannity and the payware Eurowings model. Well worth a go, for all you serious 'start from cold and dark' buffs. He also released a version for the RJ series a while back, they are also on Avsim. And I think of it as a De Havilland, so it is definitely a classic!!! :lol:

Oh, and there is a note on his website that he has now stopped development of the 748 panel, something to do with a model from Rick Piper and not being able to improve on the perfect!

Andy

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Heads Up, BAe 146 Panel V4

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks for the HU Andy

Well worth checking it out :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks Andy, would'nt it be nice to have a 146 with an up to date VC, even if you had to pay for it. Funny how this (the last true Brit airliner) has been overlooked so much. You still see loads of them around too.
ATB Trev

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Great to here this is out. It should work in FSX now too without much modification. Its a real shame that no one appears to be working on a updated model. both the JM and Eurowings model origiate from FS2002 with FS9 patchs...

But his panels are excellent, more procedure trainer than panel and a great favourite of mine. :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

calypsos wrote:Thanks Andy, would'nt it be nice to have a 146 with an up to date VC, even if you had to pay for it.
Hear, hear! I'd purchase one in a heartbeat. :)

Brian

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Jon Murchison is, apparently, working on a new series of 146/RJ models. However, he is very much an FSX man these days, so the likelihood is that we will not see this one in FS9

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

FSX will suit me fine. :lol:

I'm hoping that if FSDS 3.5 does what it claims it will, we should see much more in the way of new models soon..... I live in hope. :lol:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Or they could just outsource it to "joe rent a plane" which is what they are more likely to do.... not that I agree with it, but that seems to be the way of the world these days. :-(

ImageImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Interesting that you talk about the QT conversion. My former employer will be the first QT operator in the US when N616AW completes conversion at Kingman, AZ here in the not-to-far future. They would have gotten more airframes, but they're still in demand in the passenger market and 616 was the only one they could get their hands on before the rest of the ex-Air Wisconsin fleet was bought up for operators in Europe. If this aircraft does well, however (and with HMA's history, it will), I will bet that additional aircraft will be converted in the next 2-3 years for them.

And back to the original point of this thread - got the panel, gonna try it out tonight in California. :)