Wessex paint kit?

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Wessex paint kit?

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Is there one?

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Wessex paint kit?

Post by DaveB »

I don't think so John. When Igorski (Andy) did that quickish BEA paint.. I got the feeling he started from scratch as he ran into difficulties with texture sharing. Brian might have one and you never know.. christmas is just around the corner :)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Just maybe

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian.. if I read the situation right, we're keen to start helicopter ops on the VA using the Wessex. The number of different liveries for it are not exactly extensive but as you probably know, we like to operate the correct schemes for the correct aircraft (definately no fictional rubbish) ;-) There was a bug in the FlyNET system which meant helicopter ops were put on hold (an issue with the aircraft needing to roll before the flight time started) but this has been rectified. We were ok landing on runways but our ops include servicing the North Sea oil rigs and getting a 5kt forward speed off a rig platform isn't easy! (this was required to start the flight phase) :lol: As John is in full swing with his paint brushes.. we'll be able to have accurate liveries ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

The variants that Brian were used a lot by Bristows for SAR and rig work, not sure is many other people used them in the UK. Dave, does that mean I can join the VA as a helicopter pilot now? That appeals a lot more than clocking up hours pounding the airways!
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The civil wessex 60 was I think only used by Bristow and only on contract work

Skykes Helipcopters were to operate a scheduled passenger service from Bournemouth to the CI with the type.

At least two ex Bristow machines were positioned there but perhaps the alcohol wore off in time because nothing became of it and tbh it was wondered at the time just what they thought they were up too..........it would have been loss at first flight. This was after the type had been taken off the contract work after gear box failures.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Trev..

Yes it does mean you can join the VA and fly only the Wessex if that's all you want to fly. You don't have to fly anything you don't want to (Dan only has a TR for the VC10's) ;-) I don't think John has finished the routes yet and you'll need OSG's Rig's but there'll be more than enough to keep you happy once he's done. We'll give you a HU when that time comes ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks Dave, that sounds like fun, there are a couple of other possibilties, the S55 (ie Westland) UK based re-paints by Garry and maybe a certain Sycamore one day too!
The Wessex is fine by me as I have been flying it since before it was born ;-) , so to speak. I'll keep an eye out 'downstairs' in the VA section for an announcement of some kind.
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The Whirlwind has a few more options but even in the contract work like the Wessex there were extensive shuttle operation which in effect are just like scheduled pax service. Just that the liveries are so limited, sadly just Bristow in the case of the Wessex.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Trev,

I'd be more than happy to have the S55 included but as far as I'm aware, there isn't a freeware model available :-( It's not fair to the guy's who don't have the payware model so unless one turns up.. it'll remain excluded I'm afraid. Wonder how fast Ito San could knock one up :think: :)

ATB

ImageImage