many in the UK Like The Simpsons, But How...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

many in the UK Like The Simpsons, But How...

Post by airboatr »

do you like this new Family Guy Show?
Sometimes it's ok , sometimes not, well my opinion anyway
this is a pretty good clip , at the end .....I guess the dog can only take so much badgering

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=1
:lol: :lol:
and some others
http://video.google.com/videosearch?sa=N&tab=wv

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Re: many in the UK Like The Simpsons, But How...

Post by Pringle »

Family Guy has been going for a long time now (Series 6 the latest?). I think its excellent, completely random humor and they like to push the boundries like the South Park guys.

There are some classic moments out there, series 1 was a bit weak in my opinion but from then on it just built and built until it has reached the quality it is today
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. I quite like Family Guy too :lol:

My daughter showed me one I'd not come across before.. Burned Face Man. Dunno if this is just an internet thing but it seems popular with 'that age group' at her school. Didn't rock my boat though :worried:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Family Guy (and American Dad, if you like family guy you'll like this too) are both far better than the Simpsons and have been for many years. For me the Simpsons died years ago, the jokes just haven't been funny for a long time. They should have called it a day when they released Futurama and explored that a bit more rather than flogging the Simpsons to death. Incidentally I recently watched the Simpsons movie and found it atrocious, I would have been pretty gutted if I had paid money to see that. The only good gags were shown in the trailers and the rest of it was fairly dire.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The only good gags were shown in the trailers and the rest of it was fairly dire.
Isn't that so often the case though. I rarely go to the movies these days but went quite often when the daughter was a tiddler and without exception.. the best bits of all the movies we went to see were shown in the tv trailers. Makes you feel kinda cheated doesn't it :-(

ATB

ImageImage

jab
Concorde
Concorde

Post by jab »

Simpson's , Family Guy, American Dad and South Park are all fantastic I not seen the Simpsons movie is it good I like Spiderpig :lol:

James :dance:
RIP Steve Irwin :'( You was the best there ever was.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

WOW the family guys been on that long?
geezzz.....
lol

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

DaveB wrote:My daughter showed me one I'd not come across before.. Burned Face Man. Dunno if this is just an internet thing but it seems popular with 'that age group' at her school. Didn't rock my boat though :worried:
Very much just an internet thing, courtesy of David Firth at fat-pie.com (do not remove the hyphen :lol:). A series of flash cartoons created by him in his spare time, along with a number of others. Not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure. ;-)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. ok. Tks for that Tweek ;-)

She sat there with tears rolling down her face but I couldn't see it. Perhaps I was a little disgusted at the content.. or more that she found the content funny. I dunno really. :dunno: Kids!! :roll:

ATB

ImageImage

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

The funniest cartoon I've seen recently was Metalocalypse on Adult Swim, it's a bit niche and you might not get the humour if you miss the references but it's genuinely witty and entertaining.