Aircraft ID

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Aircraft ID

Post by forthbridge »

Hi all

A quick question. If you use windows local live and go for a look at Leuchars, there is an F3 tornado taxiing heading to cross the threshold of R09.

However, parked on the Apron are some aircraft I cannot ID - just wondering if anyone can. Looking at the configuration, I can only assume some sort of Mirage, Skyhawk, or possibly Jags or Harriers (unlikely) anyone know for sure?
Jim

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Aircraft ID

Post by Motormouse »

Hawks

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Look like 5 AMXs to me, most probably from the Italian Air Force.... :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Look like 5 AMXs to me, most probably from the Italian Air Force.... :)
Agreed, they don't look like Hawks, plus there is a black Tucano parked in the visiting aircraft bit so one would assume the Hawks would have been black at the time the shot was taken as well. There also looks to be a pair of Chinooks, four Gazelles from the AAC flight based there, lots of F3's dotted around, two Phantoms (ignoring the gate guard and the one in the memorial garden), one Lightning (static/gate guard outside the south side HAS site) and six Tutors on the UAS pan.

I love this plane spotting from your PC lark. :thumbsup:

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

:think:

AMX could fit the bill. Just strange that while everything else is immediately identifiable, whatever they are appear a little elusive and unsharp ;-)

Area 52?

EDIT:

Another thing with Local Live and Google earth is trying to guess the date the images were taken. Leuchars has to be after the new footbridge was put in at the railway station - clearly visible (the old one was rather rickety especially with all the feet on At Home Day :o ) - but I've seen examples elsewhere were the images update and are much sharper but are actually older images!
Jim

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

forthbridge wrote:Just strange that while everything else is immediately identifiable, whatever they are appear a little elusive and unsharp ;-)
Maybe everything else is only immediately identifiable because your eye knows what it is looking at. :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

True enough ;-)
Jim