AlphaSim Hunter pics

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

John
Concorde
Concorde

AlphaSim Hunter pics

Post by John »

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/images/Premie ... SX_1XL.jpg

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/images/Premie ... SX_3XL.jpg

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/images/Premie ... SX_2XL.jpg

"She'll be for both sims, with no detail loss. What you see in those screenshots is what you get in FS9, minus the bloom and bumps, of course. She has been tailored to FS9 from the start, then ported upwards.

There are also a few custom animations on both the inside and outside, one being the ladder and plugs etc that you can see. The tags blow around in the wind, too."

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: AlphaSim Hunter pics

Post by DaveB »

Not bad John :)

I think this particular 'Brit' is a much safer financial bet for Alpha than some of their recent releases as the aircraft sold to many countries the world over putting it in less of a 'niche' market. I'm sure the 'FSX ONLY' users will go for it.. and thereby lies my problem :worried:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Dave's/John

Sorry I see no gain between what I already have and this model really

and DaveG - dont sell yourself so damn short son

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sorry I see no gain between what I already have and this model really
Hi Leif,

No, me neither really.. just being polite :)

I'm sure the FSX model will come with all the bells and whistles super shading that many folk like and it'll take advantage of all the trick bits FSX has up it's corporate sleeve but for me, like you, I can't see it giving me any more than I already have.. still being firmly entrenched in FS9. You have to remember there are thousands and thousands of simmers out there (as there are in other walks of life) that absolutely MUST HAVE the very latest of EVERYTHING. As DG pointed out, the model is 4years old (god.. it doesn't seem that long since I did the panel for it!!) and for some, that is just t o o old ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

DaveB wrote:As DG pointed out, the model is 4years old (god.. it doesn't seem that long since I did the panel for it!!) and for some, that is just t o o old ;-)
Not exactly too old, but 4 years is a long time in development. I'm sure there are many tips and tricks the AlphaSim team have learnt and built upon within that time to produce what should be a better model overall. That's taking nothing away from DG's models, but you have to expect higher standards (not that you'd necessarily get them) from an addon made by a quality payware company, and from an addon that's four years younger!

And like you say, FSX users will be the most interested, which is understandable. True FSX models with all the bells and whistles do look vastly superior to their FS9 counterparts - something which really cannot be conveyed in screenshots. You have to see the shadows moving across the aircraft, and the light glimmering off all the bump mapped panels and rivets to really see what the advantage is.

Either way, it's up to you to decide if you want a new Hunter model or not. ;-)

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Good luck to Dan on this one, he has a hard act to follow and and cannot beat Dave on price :lol: :lol: :lol:
He also says...
Hey, you never know, if this one goes well and community feedback is good, we might be able to justify a Buccaneer sometime this year.
A good enough reason to want it to sell well, in my book!
ATB Trev

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Am I the only one who just can't get into small fast military jets in MSFS ?

I look at screenshots of them ( like this Hunter ), am astounded by the skills of the model maker, painter, and the panel builder...but never really enjoy flying them. The big ones, like Alphasim's B-47, Hustler and Victor are great, but the small stuff just leaves me cold for some odd reason. Even the Iris Tomcat, which I am bound to buy one day, will spend most of the time on the ground looking pretty in the latest repaint I've managed to find.

The only real exception is Rick's Meteor, and I think thats because its a little more sedate in terms of speed and handling.

Anyone else like me ? :think:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul,

No mate.. you're not the only one who feels this way ;-) I have a flight of fancy on the odd occassion and trawl through my hangar to see whats in there but for 99.9% of the time, all fast jets do is take up disc space :roll: At least DG's is free and I had a hand in it :)

ATB

ImageImage

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Depends how you define fast and small, I'm sure Dave B is having bundles of fun with the Sea Vixen, same era, same speed envelope, so is it the same feeling there ?....dont fret Dave its a subjective observation <grin>, but the foundation is that we perhaps have perceived likes and dislikes about what we fly or dont like flying, sort of you never name your kids after the ugly ones you were at school with sort of thing or l'm never buying cakes from that shop as my mate used to work there and I know what goes on ( 20 years ago !! )LOL.

I've been right out of military jets for a few years now big or small, but a renewed interest in early jets ( 50's 60's) has changed my mind, why I dont know, but three months ago I'd quite blindly swear l'd never have anything to do with them ever again, having said that, there are planes I'll never touch, the Dragon Rapide is one and thats only due to a friends preconception that it was a tent with wings and lawn mower engines, I know it isnt but every time I see one thats all I can think off ( back to the kids name thing ), sometimes our dislike is due to nothing else than....well not really sure what you call it, other than trivial preconceptions, I'm sure its not in this case, just an aimless observation as I transit between interest bubbles.

Best

Michael

Mickey D
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Mickey D »

just an aimless observation as I transit between interest bubbles.
What a line :) I must remember that one Michael.
Mickey D
Team SDB Scenery Bloke