RealAir Spitfire for FSX

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

RealAir Spitfire for FSX

Post by Tweek »

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: RealAir Spitfire for FSX

Post by Trev Clark »

It looks fantastic and raises the bar by a good few feet!! There is also a Mk9!! Price is 29 euros, which is now about 25 quid :o :o

If only I had FSX, I wuld have to buy this, my FS9 version still gets wheeled out on a regular basis, after 4 years!
ATB Trev

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

If only I had FSX, I wuld have to buy this, my FS9 version still gets wheeled out on a regular basis, after 4 years!
Yikes, has the FS9 version really been out for four years? I didn't realise I'd been simming for that long! :lol:

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Is a paintkit included does anyone know.....?

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

I've not come across a paint kit, so I can't help you there.

Although there are a wide range of paints to choose from, from the off, and the model is an absolute gem! When I can be bothered, I'll get round to some proper flying with TrackIR. :welldone:

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Cheers Tweek if i get the 109 from Shockwave....maybe a dogfight is on the cards..... :flying:

:)

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Wow, and here I was thinking that the FS9 version is good!......

That will be the first add-on that I will get when I start bothering with FS10 :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

jonesey2k wrote:Wow, and here I was thinking that the FS9 version is good!......
Just looked at some old screenshots of the FS9 version, and considering people rate that a top addon (which it is, of course), it just shows how far along we've come.

This is the kind of addon that keeps me from flying in FS9 ever again!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

-
Last edited by airboatr on 24 Apr 2008, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.

whiskylima
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by whiskylima »

I have just downloaded the Real Air Spitfire FSX and I am absoloutly blown away with it! Believe me, I take some pleasing! I have just had 20 minutes with the Mk.1X and can honestly say this is as near to flying a full size aircraft as I have come across on a simulator so far. Admittedly I only fly a PA-28 and Cessna 172 in the real world but they are better than nothing! The cockpit is very clear with everything perfectly readable and the engine sound is just as you would imagine it to be especially when doing a fly-by looking from the tower view - that Merlin sound is magic! I got that tingle you get whenever you see a real Spitfire blasting past at treetop height.The flight model is entirely believable requiring a subtle touch with small, but constant adjustments required especially during take off and landing. You really do have to fly this aircraft. I could go on for ever about how the aircraft handles from the pre-stall buffet at one end of the speed range to the increasingly heavy controls at the other but you really need to try it for yourself. I find it hard to believe how the external textures could be improved,they are so good. There are two texture sets with the package,normal and high resoloution. I used the high resoloution set and was getting 40-50 fps with no stuttering whatsoever. My system is based on Intel Duo 6600 dual core CPU, 2gb ddr2 ram with an Asus 8800GTS 320mb graphic card which made a big improvement to FSX. I would strongly recommend you visit http://www.realairsimulations.com for all the details. Incidentally, I have no connection with RealAir other than as a very satisfied customer. Buy it now, it's what FSX has been waiting for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------