Next from Skysim (part 2)

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Next from Skysim (part 2)

Post by Brian Franklin »

I thought the other thread was getting a bit long! so here's a new one.

At last the Hawk is at the end of its development cycle and is now being prepared for release. Once you've seen it I think you'll agree that Rick has done a magnificent job with this beauty and as such has earned the MoD stamp of approval she will carry.

The aircraft will be released as the Red Arrows Hawk and will carry only the Red's recent two colour schemes, but as I alluded to in the previous thread, many other schemes and the paint kit will be available as free downloads.

We've also embarked on a new era of distribution and I'm afraid that it will result in a cost increase. There are two main reasons for this, firstly the MoD is officially licensing us to produce the package and as such we will be liable for royalty payments. Secondly, in an effort to reduce the criminal levels of piracy that plagued the Vixen, we have invested a fair amount of time and money to protect the Hawk and subsequent packages.
This will mean that you will have to register and activate each installation as it occurs. This can be done by phone or email and will eventually be available as an on-line facility.

The Hawk is going to cost £22:50 as a download and £24:99 for the boxed set, and if you're lucky enough to be one of the beta test crew you'll already be well aware what value for money this represents!

I have been quoted as claiming that the Hawk will re-write the book on the MSFS flight experience and I still believe that to be correct.

So when's the big day?... July 1!

RobDob
Trident
Trident

Re: Next from Skysim (part 2)

Post by RobDob »

July 1st!!! I better get my machine fixed ASAP! Top work, looks great, can't wait! :thumbsup:

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Cheap as chips in my opinion......and to get all other Paints and a paint kit free.....well......that is just a big plus in purchasing this addon....

Top banana guys....... :thumbsup:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

Just a quick update to Brians original posting. Our MoD license agreement allows ONLY the 2008 paint scheme of the Reds. So that is what the package will contain. All the other skins will be available free of charge as a download.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Brian, how will the different models work if this is only being released as a Red Arrows package? Will the disc/download only contain the Red Arrows model with the aux tank for fuel/dyes on the centreline and the pipes/nozzle arrangement on the rear for injecting fuel/dye into the exhaust and will the other models (i.e standard Hawk T1/T1A) be released with the freeware repaints or will these models be included in the package as well, albeit untextured?

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Brian ill second the value for money!!! And at that price its no more than any other products that are of such a product (JF add ons for instance)...

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Chris

you only need one model for the T1/ T1A
Maybe if i do a Mk50 addon pack it will be a seperate mdl file as too many changes to be selectable
but most bits can be added with weight toggled visibility.

(exactly the same in the beta you had) Only Chris Sykes noticed the toggleable weapons etc :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

all bits are selected in the fuel & loading screen.

basically you add what you want from the loading list & remove what you don't want.

that way the loaded part is also added Weight wise and has an effect on the flight model like the real loadouts would.

ie: when you add a Red Arrows "Dye Pod" is also adds the efflux injection pipes & the smoke controls in the front cockpit.

As when you add an Aden Cannon Pack & or some Pylons it adds a working Gyro Gunsight to the cockpits.

Adding lots of models is in my view pointless and hard to maintain & find space for on your harddisc.

to add your part just enter the number shown in the description & hey presto.

Regards
Rick

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Very neat Rick :thumbsup:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Thanks Rick. You are absolutely right, and I'm incredibly dense and unobservant, that was a total blonde moment when I posted. STUPID :lol:

That's a fantastic way to do things though.

jdhaenens
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by jdhaenens »

So there will be no true Goshawk model/livery for those of us die-hard US Navy T-45 Fans from across the pond?

Jim