Hawker Hunter FSX - Danny Garnier

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Hawker Hunter FSX - Danny Garnier

Post by TSR2 »

I would like to advise everyone that the Hawker Hunter which has been re uploaded by Danny Garnier to Flightsim.com is NOT and FSX model. Danny has done nothing to this model other than add a thumbnail and re upload the full model for which he does not have permission.

This sort of behaviour is nothing more than a self indulgent attempt to get kudos for something which he hasn't built. A quick google will show almost 100 aircraft which he has re uploaded under his own name.

It should be pointed out that the accepted format for repaints / modifications is to upload your repaint or modification and refernece the original file. Example would be if he had uploaded his thumbnail and stated that it requires the origiunal file by Dave Garwood.

Not only is this a breach of copywrite, but more importantly stifles development of new models for FSX as many punters will download these and think this is how aircraft are in FSX. It is not.

If anyone has downloaded any aircraft which has been "re packaged" by Danny Garnier I would suggest you delete it and contact the original author, or post a question on their forum as to how best to get the aircraft to work in FSX. It also means that if an author subsequently decides to produce an FSX model, a search will show the re uploaded one by Danny first as it will have more downloads. I don't know what age this chap is, but his lack of foresight and the damage he is doing needs to be stopped.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Hawker Hunter FSX - Danny Garnier

Post by Quixoticish »

Wasn't there a sim group doing this not so long ago... I seem to recall them uploading an "FSX Jet Provost" that was really just Rick's with a different folder structure and thumbnails?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Flightsim.com will be getting an e-mail from me. I saw one pack on Simviation too :@

If they refuse to remove the offending files, I'll have to ask them to remove all my models, and they won't be allowed to host any new ones.

A full FSX rebuild is in the works, so I urge anyone not to download these recent uploads.
Dave G.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

With 100 models to his name, I am suprised FS.com has not added him to their 'Hall of Fame' section :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hall of Flame will no nicely ;-)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

HI Ben

I had the same file removed from Simviation at the weekend and fell out with Pete in the process :$

Regards
Rick

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

Rick Piper wrote:HI Ben

I had the same file removed from Simviation at the weekend and fell out with Pete in the process :$

Regards
Rick
A bit touchy, was he? I tried bringing up the matter before, and needless to say, we both got pissed off, I told him exactly what I thought and I ended up leaving the forum! Haven't been back since.

Chris_UKMIL
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Chris_UKMIL »

DaveG wrote:A full FSX rebuild is in the works, so I urge anyone not to download these recent uploads.

Now that sounds good! ;)

I've noticed these files all over the place, I've sent him an email asking what he's doing and why, his reply; "To help FSX peopleses out"

I'd guess he's about 12?

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Yes

I love your pointless incorrectly done FSX portovers that are done so badly that leave my copyright and e mail address in there so i get 200 e mails asking why i have done another FS9 model portover :'(

if your watching Danny

your not helping me at all.

you are destroying 9 years of hard work with you talentless errors and lack of being able to read my copyright and all other authors that you disrespect with your destruction.

Rick :-#

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

A full FSX rebuild is in the works, so I urge anyone not to download these recent uploads.
Yes, that does sound VERY good Dave!! Keep up the good work.

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro