Fuel Remaining onboard - Trident

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Fuel Remaining onboard - Trident

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

I'm currently working my way through the T3's at LHR with a view to bringing them up to the 5000kg mark. The top 5 available aircraft at LHR are already at this level so if you wish to fly a T3 without taking the 'top-up' hit.. please take one of these ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Fuel Remaining onboard - Trident

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave

Will be flying tomorrow, if you like I can do a number of flights with the T3s' Thursday and Friday so that there will be around 5000kg left in.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Nigel :)

It'll take a bit for me to get through them all so feel free mate. 'ZP' was really low and rather than risk no profit at all.. I tanked her up to 4837kg which is within a gnats wotsit so don't bother with her ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No probs Dave, will make short flights to Manchester and back therefore should get through a number by end of Friday.

Also quite happy to do the same with the 500s' next week if the T3s' are tanked up.

Let me know.

Regards
Nigel

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that mate :lol:

There are rather a lot of T2's too. Dear me.. a lifetime of tanking up left to do :lol: BTW.. my return from EGPH to LHR clocks up VA flight 2000 :dancer:

ATB

ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DaveB wrote:: BTW.. my return from EGPH to LHR clocks up VA flight 2000 :dancer:

ATB

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

Well done Dave CHEERS

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Guy's..

I'm currently working my way through the T3's at LHR with a view to bringing them up to the 5000kg mark.
Beat ya!! :lol: :roll:

Went a bit loopy with the fuel loading Dave, had a look at your fuel usage and put the same amount in thinking that would clinch it..........WRONG!! :brick:

G-AWZB......Had only enough in for the flight leaving around 500kg to spare on arrival at EGPH (excluding the 2682kg already on board prior to departure) so added an extra 2000kg for the return only to park up at the ramp with 5814kg remaining. Still, at the end of the day the flight was in profit!! :roll: Will do better next time.

'Ere, your not prodding Tonks' 10 up there somewhere are you? as I'm using a good 2000kg more overall than you!! :think:

Flying via Pole Hill FL200 @ 350kts Block to Block you know!! ;-)

Sorry, could only make the one flight today as got to pick up the boss, she is finishing work soon but will manage two tomorrow.

Regards
Nigel.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Nigel :lol:

Yeh.. I cocked up similar yesterday on flight 1999. Coming in to land at EGPH on the outbound and couldn't slow the chuffin thing down. All too late, I realised I still had Throttle Hold engaged :brick: :lol: Went around and put it down on the opposite runway (mighty cheesed off at this point) and managed to use around 700kg more than anticipated :roll:

Re fuelburn..
I've been starting/finishing these flights at the hold so if you're at the gate.. you'll be using a tad more. Other than that.. I'm taking what FSNav throws at me and the flight is long enough to justify FL320. Granted.. I'm not spending a great deal of time there but enough to settle down into the cruise nicely. 320kts down to FL180 then 280kts to FL130 followed by 240kts. I hold this down to around 5000ft then steady up.. 220kts.. 180kts and Robert's your uncle ;-) Not been able to fly today as I have electricians in and the power has been up and down like a whores drawers :worried:

Doesn't matter if you don't fly it like that mate. You fly how you're comfortable and as long as you're able to make a decent profit.. who gives a monkey's ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol:

Thanks Dave, only sped up and down as wanted to get two flights in but alas she finished a tad too early at work!!

Regards
Nigel.

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Aye Up All,

I was planning on some Trident2 flights in China later in the month, on my way back to HK to pick up G-ASGJ.

If you like I could try getting through the fleet, topping them all up over a few sectors.

Probably won't be for a couple of days though as I was thinking of getting all of Stansteds 500's up to around 3000 kg while I am here.

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage