Gear selection in FSX

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Gear selection in FSX

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Some time back, I had some instructions explaining how to make changes to a .XML gauge within FSX. This allowed a toggle switch to be used both 'up' and 'down' to raise and lower the gear. FSX default allows only one movement for both.
Having re-installed FSX, the .XML gauge has been over written and I can't find or remember the original instructions :brick: .

Can anyone help

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Gear selection in FSX

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Hmm...I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but I use a toggle switch on my Saitek X52 HOTAS to control the gear.

I use the Saitek profiling software and as the 'stock' gear key in FSX is <G> (which is a toggle control in itself) in my FSX profile I simply assign 'G' to both the up and down positions for the switch. When I press the toggle switch down the gear goes down and when I press the toggle switch up the gear goes up.
Larry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Thanks for your reply, Larry.

In FS9, I'm able to use a toggle switch up to retract the gear and down to lower it. In FSX, I have to use the same switch down in order to both raise and lower the gear. I use CH Yoke USB.
The settings within FSX, don't allow for a separate 'up' and 'down' gear selection. I did have instructions, to add an extra line within the FSX settings to allow for this selection. The changes were made to the Standard.XML file.
As you have suggested, I'll look into changing this within my Yoke settings (CH Manager).

Thanks

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »