Europe scenery / mesh etc

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Europe scenery / mesh etc

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

I have the GenX and VFR stuff from Horizon for the UK which I'm very happy with, but as I do most of my flying in Europe, I'm looking for something that covers this area.

There seems to be a myriad for payware (and some bits of freeware) out there that does this, but I'm baffled by which to go for.

I'm not looking for VFR scenery necessarily, what I am looking for is a mesh for as much of europe as possible, Ideally from Lebanon up to Scandinavia and also some suitable textures for both FS9 and FSX.

Any advice . help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Europe scenery / mesh etc

Post by VEGAS »

I like the look of Ultimate Terrain X (Europe). ;-)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

skeating
Meteor
Meteor

Post by skeating »

I use "FS Global" for mesh and I find it more than adequate, in fact over the Alps, the Pyrennes transalvainia etc it is quite stunning and I haven't noticed any real performance hits except it can be a little slow to load initally.

On top off this I have Ultimate Terrain Europe and they do make a really nice combination.

Admitidly this is for FS9.1 and I can't speak for FSX as I have never owned it.

Steve

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

I'm loving this Ben :wave:
also some suitable textures for both FS9 and FSX
I use FSE Global mesh for the world, it seems to work ok but the ultimate one I have heard about and its supposed to be good.
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps...

Yes Tony I bet you are :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I did do the "I told you so" routine when you updated your PC with that SLi thing a few years back, so I guess this is Karma. :lol:

It seems Flight one have Ultimate terrain X (europe) and Ultimate Terrain Europe (FS2004) are both available for download, which suits me well.

I like the idea of the FS Global, but it seems it can't be downloaded (unless someone knows otherwise?)

ImageImageImage

skeating
Meteor
Meteor

Post by skeating »

I don't think there is a down load for FS Global. It comes in a box with 4 or 5 discs, can't remember the details as I am not at home at the moment.
It takes quite a while to install as it covers the entire globe, i suppose thats why they call it FS Global.

But I prefered it to the other meshes available because I couldn't be bothered downloading all the differant areas.
Much better to get the entire world in one hit. :lazy:
It saves having to get another download when you get fed up with flying in one area.

Steve

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

OK chaps, I went a bit nuts last night and downloaded UTX (Europe - FSX) and UT Europe(FS9)

First impressions, great in summer / spring. Winter is still brown europe which is disapointing, as are the Alps, which are too curvy and not rugged enough. I won't have time tom play with it properly until the weekend so I'll see what I can tweek to get it looking better.

ImageImageImage

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

I can't stand this brown Europe in winter either. Anyone know of a free fix for this other than just flying in the Summer?

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, I use mesh from Flight One and find it does me very well. Hope this helps.

http://www.flight1.com/

Ooops, too late!! :doho: you gone and got one!! :lol:
Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

Ultimate Terrain doesn't come with mesh, but there are plenty of freeware ones about.

If you're looking at flying in Scandanvia they have some very dedicated guys who have produces loads of top freeware, all photo real airport stuff, most of it can be found here: http://www.flightsim.no/file/FSX/Scenery/Europa/

Also note the side links on the home page for Norway airports and textureart.