Piper Cub

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Piper Cub

Post by DogTailRed2 »

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Piper Cub

Post by DaveB »

Dunno what to say really DTR2 :think:

From my viewpoint.. if ever I want to fly a Cub, there's not a great deal wrong with the default.. much as it pains me to say it :lol: Given all the extra odds and sods Accusim will add, I suppose those who feel the urge to go one step further may be tempted but I rarely feel that sort of urge ;-)

Tks for the HU :thumbsup:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Agreed Dave

But it is nice to see someone did the "FlitFire" paint for it.

Piper donated I believe 50 Cubs in 1940 and they went around the US doing joyrides - the proceeds of which
were sent to England for the war effort.

Leif

Ben Hartmann

Post by Ben Hartmann »

DaveB wrote:there's not a great deal wrong with the default..
You're really not wrong there Dave. Agree 100%.

Rgds

Ben

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I'm very interested in the added realism of extra engine management, if done properly.
Although I fly pretending to manage my engine it spoils the illusion knowing that I can firewall the engine, chop the throttle, wack the prop pitch from min to max without any harm. I like the idea that if missused the old girl might give a few hiccups. The only thing that is preventing me purchasing one of these A2A aircraft is the price. They are rather expensive. The Aerosoft Catalina however, if the price is right may find it's way into my collection. :000:

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Engine management? J3?

push black quadrant mounted on left side of cockpit to make more noise - pull to make less

thats about it - the one I used to fly actually had a carb heat - which is a rarety on J3s

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Leif :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Lewis - a2a
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Lewis - a2a »

Yep the cub will be 'accu-simmed' and as its our first venture in GA it will be a flagship for that range and will be an all out assault for accu-sim. Unfortunately I cant say much else at the moment, other than accu-sim can be so much more than just watching the engine :thumbsup:

Ben Hartmann

Post by Ben Hartmann »

Lewis - a2a wrote:. Unfortunately I cant say much else at the moment, other than accu-sim can be so much more than just watching the engine :thumbsup:
Can it?

I fly a TB-10 in real life and, for example, I can rest assured that Premier Aircraft Designs FREEWARE TB-10 handles with 100% realism & 100% Over-powered-ness of the EADS machine. When I fly for real I spend every 15 minutes checking temperatures & pressures, the rest of the time im cross referencing VFR reference points, looking out for local VFR traffic & cross checking local altimeters for the lastest readings. I happen to have flown a Piper Cub & Super Cub on more than one occasion. I can also verify Leif Harding's post. At the end of the day when it comes to RW flying, the most important thing is safety, and the next after that is simplicity :lol:

Rgds

Ben

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DispatchDragon »

Lewis

Im puzzled , as I said I have flown and helped rebuild at least three J3s (not in that PARTICULAR order ;-) )
It would be nice to tweak the FDE for MSFS's J3 a little but beyond that Im not sure where you would go with it
The last one I flew was my ex father in laws aircraft it was one of the last Civie J3s built before they turned the
production line completely over to L4's as I said it had been fitted with carb heat late in its life. the Radio for
it was a handheld VHF unit - I flew it from Fort Payne Alabama to LockHaven for the Sentimental journey three
times with only sectionals to navigate with (OK so I was in a gaggle of five J3s!!) The whole joy of the Cub is
its simplicity and forgiving nature - I never managed to get the bugger to spin more that one turn before it dropped
out and picked up speed (my ex wife being alot lighter and thus able to solo it from the front seat managed three and
four turn spins in it - You just had to have All day to do it) it wandered in and out of private (farm) fields in Northeast
Alabama and Southern Tennesse with two of us in it without blinking, Its the aircraft I got my tailwheel sign off on
and the exmainer had me landing and taking off in 300 feet at the end of the day.

So, I say more power to you and A2A in modeling the J3 but it seems there are far better choices out there
which would offer more of a challenge

Leif