Well Done Jensen!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Well Done Jensen!!

Post by DaveB »

Not seen the race yet but my good lady tells me that JB finished first with Rubens second :rock: Of course.. it may not last due to the front diffuser controversy but well done for now ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Well Done Jensen!!

Post by forthbridge »

Yes, it was nice to see Jens looking well chuffed - and good for Rubens too - I hope he gets a few more results this year!
Jim

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

One of the best GPs' I've seen in a long time.....Last race of last year was nail biting stuff but this time, a number of midfield runners from last year were running at the top today, so good to see a complete change from the previous
Ferrari v McLaren teams.

Just hope that Brawn can see off the appeal from other teams, he was given clearance to race by the stewards, had there been any doubt regarding the legality of their diffuser I don't think they would have been allowed to run...wonder if this is a case of sour grapes? :think:

Politics aside I think there will be more great racing to look forward to. Well done Jenson and the whole of the Brawn Team. :welldone:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Trulli was third, but after some infringment - I think it was overtaking whilst the safety car was deployed, he got fined 25 secs & fourth place man, (who actually started at the back of the filed), Lewis Hamilton, bumped up to third.

According to the BBC guy the last time a new team won a F1 grand prix on their first outing was in 1954 & the driver then was Fangio....not often him & Button get mentioned in the same sentence.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

delticbob wrote:... the last time a new team won a F1 grand prix on their first outing was in 1954 & the driver then was Fangio....not often him & Button get mentioned in the same sentence...
Sorry Bob, not quite right, although I can't find any records right now, I'm sure other teams have had a debut win since the 50s.

The record that was mentioned was a debut one-two finish. Mercedes had first and second at their debut at the French GP in 1954, Fangio beating Karl Kling for Mercedes. Button leading home Barichello was the only debut one-two since then. But nonetheless a fantastic performance and a BETTER record than debut win.

One mustn't forget though, that Honda played a HUGE part in getting that car together. Are they kicking themselves now? I doubt it... I reckon it was more politic for them to be seen to be leaving the huge cash-pit of F1 during times of job cuts and global recession. I predict they WILL be back some time though... They've produced some superb cars and engines in the past and have a great heritage in the sport.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Fodda, I think what Bob actually meant was that the last team to score a one-two on their debut were Mercedes-Benz in 1954 and that was the French Grand Prix at Rheims. ;-)

1st Fangio - Mercedes
2nd K Kling - Mercedes

Regards
Nigel.

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

That's right Nigel. Isn't that what I wrote? It's certainly what I meant.

Bob wrote that he heard about a debut win which is slightly different from a debut first AND second.

But anyway, well done Brawn.

As an aside, although Jensen's getting the plaudits, let's consider Barrichello and Trulli. Although Jens led from start to finish from pole, Barichello managed to get second after a first corner shunt that left him way down the field, and Trulli managed third after having to start from the pitlane once Hamilton had driven past (although after all that he was given a 25 second penalty for passing Lewis behind the Safety Car. Which has promoted Lewis to third. Still well done Jarno though).

All told, a remarkable GP, and better than everything was seeing both Ferarris fail to finish! YAAAAAAAY! :welldone:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

That's right Nigel. Isn't that what I wrote? It's certainly what I meant.
You did write it.....I somehow missed it!! :roll: :lol:

Just one other point, saw briefly when the cameras were on Hamilton he did some wonderful overtaking midfield however, his third place was, to all effect, a hollow victory as had there not been the Vettel v Kubica coming together and Trulli not done the unthinkable he would have just managed 6th place.......but isn't that what racing is all about.......skill and luck? :think:

Regards
Nigel.

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

I stand corrected gentlemen
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

In 1977, the new Wolf team run by Walter Wolf, won their debut race in Argentina. The driver was Jodi Scheckter.

D.