HMS Ark Royal for FSX, Updated

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

HMS Ark Royal for FSX, Updated

Post by SkippyBing »

Hi Guys,

For the FSX carrier fans, we've updated the Ark Royal model for FSX which has massively improved frame rates, activated the waist cat and done a bit of generally tidying up.
New download available from the link, enjoy!

http://www.flyingstations.com/ark-royal.html

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: HMS Ark Royal for FSX, Updated

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Skip! If I ever get back to my flat I'll get her downloaded, really looking forward to this! :thumbsup: :welldone:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Some of us are supposed to be working :worried:

Looks the bussiness chaps

Regards
Rick

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Post by rich byrne »

Thank you, that's a great piece of work!

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Looks fantastic! What aeroplanes are ready for launch using the FSX Acceleration system? I don't particularly want to fly USN F/A-18s from Ark...

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Well there is Flying Station's own Westland Wyvern, plus their upcoming Buccaneer S1.

IRIS also sell a Phantom FG1, whilst Alphasim sell the Sea Venom and the Scimitar.

This isn't an exhaustive list by any means, but they are some of the ones I have on my hanger deck, which is expanding all the time, especially with FAA types. They all work with FSX Acceleration.

Has anyone tried Flying Station's own Seahawk in FSX Acceleration??

cheers

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Oooh oooh... I have the Wyvern and Venom already installed! I'd forgotten about them, and hadn't even realised the Wyvern was Acceleration ready. I wonder how many I'll ditch this afternoon trying to catch wires. :o

Cheers for the extra info.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Can somebody spare some time to tell me how to use the AI carrier system (and in particular the Ark) within FSX.

I can only use the F18 through an 'adventure' or whatever they call it, and then the change aircraft tab is greyed out. Sorry if this is 'old hat', I came to FSX (and Acceleration) very late!!!
ATB Trev

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I'm also going to be pounding the deck this afternoon... doing some lengthy de-fragmenting at the moment. Anyone fancy some online flying?? However, I gather that multiplayer with AI ships is tricky (because they get out of sync)? Does anyone know of a way around this which'll work with the new Ark?

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

calypsos wrote:Can somebody spare some time to tell me how to use the AI carrier system (and in particular the Ark) within FSX.

I can only use the F18 through an 'adventure' or whatever they call it, and then the change aircraft tab is greyed out. Sorry if this is 'old hat', I came to FSX (and Acceleration) very late!!!
Well, I'd start with the Carrier Tutorial Mission, which will instruct you how to use the Launch Bar, arm the catapult and then fire the catapult. When you come off the deck you'll need to retract the Launch Bar before you can retract the gear. The same tutorial will teach you how to land on.

Once you've mastered this you don't really need to use the Missions (unless you wanna try the tricky night landing in formation with your wingman... now that is a ride and a half! It feels like the opening scene of Top Gun... I was sweating buckets!). All you really need to do is use free flight with a carrier aircraft of your choice from an airport near the route of the AI carrier. For instance, when you install the new Ark you'll see from the enclosed PDF manaul that there is a route leaving Gibralter at 9am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I'd suggest taking off a little after 9am (say, 9:15am) from Gibraltar and then heading towards the Straits until you see the Ark. From their you can land on and start enjoying yourself...

There is a lot more than that (and it assumes VFR conditions), but at least these are the basics to get started.

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,