The AMAZING FSX Hunters - Small problem

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

The AMAZING FSX Hunters - Small problem

Post by trainfan5 »

Hiya,

Recently downloaded the Beautfully recreated FSX Hunter T-birds and was delighted to see that the launch bar and tailhook info for them was included in the CFG :D Went to Ark Royal in Gibrater and landings were fine but takeoffs, well see for yourselfs :-O

Taken during launch

Any Idea of how to fix this cause its a shame such an fantastic set should be ruined by something relatively minor? If not, No worries :) Got to admit I do get some wierd effects on this here carrier :lol:

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

Rich
VC10
VC10

Re: The AMAZING FSX Hunters - Small problem

Post by Rich »

Jon, would you care to elaborate on "No worries Got to admit I do get some wierd effects on this here carrier " ?

Taken on launch, Waist cat

Forward cat,

Your wierd effects are with the aircraft not the carrier as I told you before, I spent a little time and fixed the nosewheel going through the deck.
Rich

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Sorry I should have also said I have no complaints with any of Mr G's Hunters or the repaints being produced all the Hunter models are excellent, not sure they were cleared for carrier ops though, to long in the tail ?
Rich

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The Hunter was never intended for carrier use, so the gear is set up for land operations, as per the real thing. It will need beefing up if you want to do carrier ops. :RN:
I included the launch bar / tailhook code simply because it was available, and I knew someone whould try and land on a carrier :lol:
Dave G.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Dave, I agree the Hunter was a land/concrete/ tarmac aircraft and was never a Carrier aircraft, and I also agree there will allways be someone who wants to make it something it was not.
Rich

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The single seat hunter works fine on my Ark *-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

So are the RN and FAA repaints fictitious or did they use them purely as land based? I'm all confusticled now. Especially as there is an animated tail-hook on some of the models.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Certainly not ficticious mate.. simply a fact that the Hunter was never intended for or used for carrier ops by the RN. Training.. radar.. fleet ranging.. a whole pile of stuff but never carrier ops ;) It's duties have pretty much been taken (probably entirely) by the FRADU Falcons and Hawks, neither of which are carrier aircraft :RN:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

I'm only using it on the Carriers cause its a stable aircraft to fly in FS and therefore easier (compared to say the default F/A18) to land on a british carrier. That's all.

@rich: is it possible you could give me some guidence on how to fix this?

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

trainfan5 wrote:I'm only using it on the Carriers cause its a stable aircraft to fly in FS and therefore easier (compared to say the default F/A18) to land on a british carrier. That's all.

@rich: is it possible you could give me some guidence on how to fix this?

Jon
Yes mate, I agree. What I'm saying is that my FSX single seat hunter works fine on the Ark Royal (latest version) without the issues your seeing ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage