Windows 7 Home Premium pre-order £44.97

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Windows 7 Home Premium pre-order £44.97

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

For anyone who missed the pre-launch £49.99 deal that was available for a short time and in limited numbers, you might want to visit Tesco-Direct who have a cracking deal of £49.97 with free delivery :-

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-3928.aspx

When you go through the online checkout you will get the opportunity to enter a voucher code. Use code TDX-SFFT to get an extra £5 off bringing the total down to £44.97 delivered. I've just ordered mine :)

Regards

John

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Windows 7 Home Premium pre-order £44.97

Post by tonymadge »

Truely a bargain at that price, but I am really happy with XP and will resist the offer as if it aint broke..dont fix it.. but at least when I do have to shift over I can body swerve round that shyte Vista :lol:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Eagerly awaiting Windows 7 so I can order my new computer. And I too will be going from XP, and bypassing Vista.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Tempted but Ill wait and see if it's worth upgrading from Vista. As far as I can see it is Vista but with some tweaks and has been optimised for touch screens.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Guys take note on what upgrade paths you can and cant take for win 7!
Upgrades to Windows 7 from the following operating systems are not supported:
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP, Windows Vista® RTM, Windows Vista Starter, Windows 7 M3, Windows 7 Beta, Windows 7 RC, or Windows 7 IDS
Windows NT® Server 4.0, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2
Anyways ive got my free copy on disk, and ive got my free boxed version coming after the 22nd! The joys of being a techy!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

jonesey2k wrote:Tempted but Ill wait and see if it's worth upgrading from Vista. As far as I can see it is Vista but with some tweaks and has been optimised for touch screens.

From someone who is really happy with Vista, I will be moving to 7 as soon as possible. It is far superior in pretty much every respect. Also... the inplace upgrade is NOT recommend. Anyone moving to 7 should use a clean install... the difference is very significant.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. the upgrade paths not supported list above would seem to indicate that you can only upgrade from Vista (full retail) anyway mate which will automatically mean that for many of us.. the upgrade path doesn't exist :lol:

Wise words though all the same ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Mine will be the full monty anyway, on a new system. :)

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Also, technally MS dont support "Upgrades" on O/S', only clean installs.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

From what I've gleaned M$ have been 'forced' to make Windows 7 a full product rather than an upgrade product for Europe. Reason being that it doesn't have an inbuilt browser and I think M$ were worried of the implications of upgrading a product already embedded with a browser by a product without a browser. Users need to do a clean instal having previously downloaded and saved a copy of their browser of choice on removeable media. I've got Vista on my laptop and as I only use it for browsing am happy with it. XP on my desktop will be replaced by W7.

Ref installing W7 is it best to instal 32 bit or 64 bit as I believe W7 includes both versions?

Regards

John