Do you want to throw more money at XH558??

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Do you want to throw more money at XH558??

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

Not sure if any of you DO want to part with any more money but here's the first plea I've seen covering winter 09/10 and the '10 season..

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... e-sky.html

I have and will continue to resist the urge but I know there are many among us who are weak ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Do you want to throw more money at XH558??

Post by Paul K »

I'll end up donating, even though I still haven't seen it. The further this country slides into mediocrity, the more important it is to keep things like that going. Only my opinion, of course...

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Course you do.....when its gone, (grounded), there won't be another - so fund it & enjoy it while its lasts.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 3125621001

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Do VTTS actually have a business plan beyond, 'Tell everyone it won't fly again unless they give us a million pounds'?
Although it is very nice to see her flying, or indeed taxiing towards what you know is one of the softer bits of your airfield, I can't help wondering how much cash it's diverting from other equally deserving aviation heritage projects. You could buy the RNHF some engines for that kind of money. And a carrier....

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

Post by Sl4yer »

My sympathy (and patience) for TVOC ran out at Waddington this year. Although I'll probably end up donating.

James

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I support the Vulcan by attending displays to see her.
I don't think it's fair to keep asking for more. None of the other operators do other than a supporters club, or a polite request.
What about having a Vulcan day or Vulcan display especially to raise funds, bit like the old Great Warbirds displays.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I think what they are trying to get at with the Video is a corporate sponsor, they know they can't go asking Joe public, that was never the plan from my understanding :hide:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

The business plan, from the very beginning, had corporate sponsorship in mind, but as it happens, that just hasn't materialised. That's why they have to keep going to the public for donations. But if people weren't willing to donate, then we wouldn't have seen her at the stage she's at now, having completed two (more like one and a half, really) succesful display seasons. So long as people are willing to put their hands in their pockets, we shall continue to see her flying.
SkippyBing wrote:Although it is very nice to see her flying, or indeed taxiing towards what you know is one of the softer bits of your airfield, I can't help wondering how much cash it's diverting from other equally deserving aviation heritage projects. You could buy the RNHF some engines for that kind of money. And a carrier....
I'll put it this way - the money I, personally, have donated to the Vulcan is unlikely to have ever gone towards anything else, and I'd bet that the majority of donations would also have never found their way to other projects, had they not gone towards the Vulcan.

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

I'd bet that the majority of donations would also have never found their way to other projects, had they not gone towards the Vulcan.
You may well be right, the problem is it's also taking the money that would have gone to other projects. Although it's a pittance to the Vulcan, probably barely covering their hospitality budget, it's the lifeblood of the smaller operations.