DC-2 X released!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Ferror
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

DC-2 X released!

Post by Ferror »

Get your copy at: http://www.dc2-fs.com
The "UIVER" team is pleased to announce the release of the Douglas DC2 for FSX.

This is a complete rework as a TRUE native FSX product, with improved 3D modelling, complete new textures, mapping, bumpmaps, specular maps, FSX animations, new gauge programming etc.
We thank our customers for the purchase of the FS2004 model, and hope they will support the museum by purchasing this improved FSX model as well.

The revenue from the sales will be donated to the Aviodrome, Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum. Aviodrome has one of the worlds last two airworthy Douglas DC-2's in their collection.
The real plane is maintained by volunteers and with the money raised from individual and corporate donations. By selling the DC-2 package we hope to contribute to keeping this unique, priceless and historic aircraft in flying condition. Your purchase will be a very welcome contribution!
The package will be sold through the Flight1 system.

For complete information on the features of this package and a link to download the Douglas DC2 for FSX please visit the DC2 UIVER site http://www.dc2-fs.com. Support issues and questions will be handled through our forum.

The "UIVER" Team hopes you will enjoy flying this unique, hands-on classic airplane!

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Re: DC-2 X released!

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Ooh, that looks rather nice. I'll have to raise some funds.
Is it modelled on a real DC2? I remember seeing one fly several years ago in America painted in the livery of Otis Spunkmeyer.

Ferror
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ferror »

DogTailRed2 wrote:Ooh, that looks rather nice. I'll have to raise some funds.
Is it modelled on a real DC2? I remember seeing one fly several years ago in America painted in the livery of Otis Spunkmeyer.
It's based on the NC39165, which is part of the collection of the Aviodrome museum at lelystad airport. It's the only DC-2 left that flies regularly. There's another airworthy one in Seattle but that one hardly flies.
The crew of the museum have been very helpful in supplying information and letting us take photos over the last few years. This DC-2 wears the colourscheme of the famous 'Uiver' that won the handicap class of the MacRobertson race but with some additional Goodyear aviation logos; you can see this aircraft in the screenshots. Tomorrow we'll travel to the museum for the annual Fs Weekend to give demonstrations and hopefully sell a few copies to generate some money to keep the 'Uiver' flying!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Looks lovely. Possibly one that I may add to my hangar. Wonder what its like on FPS? :)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I have the FS9 version Eddie and that is fine. Can't see me getting the FSX version.. for obvious reasons :D

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Cheers Dave.

Still not ready to come over to the dark side then?! :OB: :OB:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No mate. I watched Star Wars 3 this afternoon and I've seen what trouble that can get you in :OB: My new found power and speed means I can now populate FS9 with a more realistic representation of AI.. something I couldn't do before without severe frame hits and I'm enjoying this a great deal ;)

I'll keep FSX loaded for the odd moment when I feel the urge for carrier ops but full time.. can't see that ever happening :D

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Gypsy Baron
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Gypsy Baron »

EDIT: My query was answered in athread at Sim Outhouse. yes, both wings and engines are modeled in the VC view.

Are the wings and engines modeled, visually, when viewed from within the VC cockpit?

One of the biggest faults I find that turn me off on any aircraft, freeware or payware, is the absence of
those elements when looking over your shoulder in the right & left seats of the VC.

I use TrackIR and am constantly scanning about from both the right and left seats and I just can
not tolerate seeing mothing out there but a navigation light hanging in space.

The Default DC-3 has PORTIONS of the left wing/engine modeled and NONE of the right wing. As a result
I do not fly that aircraft.

I've a recently released payware Super Connie in my inventory that suffers from the same lack
of wings/engines when in the VC and it, too, is no longer flown by me :(

I may be spoiled by the A2A B-377 but that's the level of modeling that I would like to see in
any aircraft that I pay for.

Paul

robcap
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by robcap »

Hi,

I tried to model te engine in acceptable detail, and also modelled (and animated) the propgoverner. B-)

Cheers, Rob
No DC3 without the DC2
http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/ for more interesting Douglas DC2 info

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Rob

:thumbsup: That is beautiful work but Like DaveB Ill stick to your first (fs9) release which I love flying in Java .

Leif

I hope you gentlemen might consider some Dutch classics as well ;)

Leif