FSX REINSTALLATION

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

FSX REINSTALLATION

Post by Nosnilmot »

I get the impression that when FSX is installed the online activation process "ties" it to the particular box involved.
I'm about to take delivey of a new PC and plan to uninstall from my current machine and tkhen reinstall on the new. Has anyone got any experience of the problems that I may face / helpful tips etc ?

Second point, I was thinking of intentionally not linking the new box to the internet so that I could avoid clogging up resource with anti virus software: presumably I could only do this after activation, but thereafter would I hit any issues ? I assume thatr FSX doesn't revaidate each time its loaded ?

Thanks ....

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: FSX REINSTALLATION

Post by DaveG »

I've reinstalled FSX several times after upgrades / rebuilds, and activated it each time without problems.
You can activate it via a phone call if you're not online.
Dave G.

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

I've installed it on a couple of boxes, plus upgrades etc. at some point you may have to phone the nice computer at MS UK and type in a load of numbers which then lets you install it again. As far as I can tell it isn't particularly tied to a specific box once registered.
The only thing you'll lose without an internet connection is the real whether downloads, I've happily used FSX on a laptop in the middle of the Atlantic so can confirm it doesn't call the mothership everytime it starts up!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The number of times you can reinstall FSX before having to go through to the phone line was changed last year. You should be able to reinstall and activate without problems :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nosnilmot »

Thanks for all the advice ..... just need the new box now !!!!!!!!!!