SkySim Hawk

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

SkySim Hawk

Post by paulb »

I purchased the Hawk this week. Excellent work by Rick Piper. I am trying to find the Repaints Pack 1 - which I believe included 16 RAF repaints. So far, I have been unable to find it.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: SkySim Hawk

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul..

A striking coincidence that the very same thing was asked for this afternoon (spooky or what!) :-O The files are up on our webspace but the current link is broken/na. I guessed at the link and that didn't work either (it would help if I actually knew where they were) 8) Ben will be up at some point soon and fix the link for you. They will be available in the members only forum (you'll see the thread) ;)

EDIT:.. He's here now and looking Paul so you won't have to wait long. Look for this thread.. http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/vie ... 13&t=14253
ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

Brilliant! Thanks Dave. I will keep coming back to look!

Paul

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

I have just downloaded them. Thank you very much Dave and Ben :)

I can now enjoy the Hawk much more fully with some real RAF markings on her! :welldone:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No problem Paul.. we're here to serve ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

Hi Dave

I just wanted to come back again this morning to thank both you and Ben again. Putting the file back up so quickly was above and beyond the call of duty! :welldone:

I am really enjoying the new textures. I hadn't used FS much for a few years, but (being temporarily inactive following an operation) this past month or so I have focused on FSX. I bought a new video card and added UTX, GEX, FEX and the UK2000 scenery. The Hawk completes things for me. I used the DSB Hawk a lot in FS9 and wanted one now for FSX. Rick's Hawk seems excellent and I now just need to learn the procedures for T/O etc.

BTW, if you find any more of his texture sets then you might want to add them to the library! ;)

Anyway, thanks again to you and Ben.

Cheers

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

HI Paul :hello:

A paintkit was released for Rick's Hawk so there may well be some other paints out there in the public domain. Have a check at Allnodes (www.flightsim.com), maybe UKMIL or even The Pond (www.classicbritishfiles.com) :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

Thanks Dave

I have looked most places, but forgot about The Pond. :doh:

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

I have decided to do a few RAF grey repaints using Rick Piper's paint pack. I have posted a couple of pics of the first one - 92(R) Squadron up at Simouthouse. I would post them here, but am not sure how to upload images.

Anyway, the repaint might be of interest. I will probably do a few more before I start uploading the files anywhere.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul..

We don't have space here for members to post but you can post pictures using one of the many freebie sites like Photobucket. Upload any shot to them and link it. Photobucket even gives you a link to use! ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage