A big Thank You ....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

A big Thank You ....

Post by 511Flyer »

For some years now, we at VFR Flyers have flown a tribute flight on Remembrance Sunday. We flew it again today, and for the first time we used jet aircraft.

The formation was led by a Canberra, with three Hunters on one side, and a Vampire and two Meteors on the other. At exactly 11.00 hrs, we were over Whitehall, and paused for two minutes silence.

Our thanks go to Steve for the Canberra, Dave for the Hunters, Rick for the Meteors, and Rob for the Vampire.

We took a few screenshots along the way, and for anybody who may be interested, they can be viewed over at the VFR forums.

Dennis.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: A big Thank You ....

Post by DaveB »

A link please Dennis ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks Dennis :thumbsup:

It must have been a bit alarming seeing the Canberra with starting smoke throughout for the poor soul seeing it :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

That little problem has been fixed Dave. It didn't show during our flight.

D.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes mate.. I noted there was a patch for it but couldn't tell from the thread if it was implemented before the flight ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

Great stuff, sorry to see the Canberra caused a few problems - it's becoming a known bug now in MP and FS recorder that the parked parts show up. As I tell everyone, I have no idea why, as they are set to appear on 0 PSI hydraulic pressure, and unless MP aircraft are powered by something other than the usual methods, there's no reason for it to show up! Still, they do, and I will duly have to come up with another method for future releases.

Nevertheless, thanks for soldiering on, the screens are lovely and the sentiment perfect.

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

If it's any help tracking it down Steve, some parts show up on the spinner in FSX. In the same way as the Vanguard's access steps and cargo door are open are in the spinner, but neither Canberra or Vanguard appear in game like it. I don't use FSRecorder and not MP'd with them but I wonder if the Vanguard's steps & door appear as well like this, if not maybe check for any differences between the two?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Considering the Vanguard was made for FS2002, I'm surprised any of it shows up in FSX :lol: As with the Canberra, the airstairs will only show with engine 1 off as I found to my embarassment the one time I tried to taxi in on the inners. Popped outside to admire my taxiing and D'oh! :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

The problem with the Canberra and others in multi-play and FS recorder playback is that variables that aren't set default to 0. FS Recorder doesn't record all possible variables so I'd imagine that's the problem there and MP probably doesn't pass the other aircraft's hydraulic state to reduce band width, it really only needs things like position, heading, gear, flaps etc.
The same also applies to the preview window now I think about it, where everything is set at zero or it's neutral position.