IRIS sale now on...with $5 specials

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

IRIS sale now on...with $5 specials

Post by Paul K »

Tis the season for FSX aircraft add-on sales, it seems, and Iris are having one. They are reducing their entire catalogue through to Christmas day, and every 24 hours, one product will be on sale for $5.

I just got their native FSX F-14 for $5, but by the time this gets read I suspect it'll be a different aircraft at that price. You'll still be able to pick it up a lot cheaper than normal, of course.

I've got no great fan of fast military jets in FSX, but the Iris Tomcat for five dollars was almost a compulsory download.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... 600&page=1

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/index.php

By the way, if you had an old account with Iris, you will need to re-enter all your details once more. This is a consequence of the crash they suffered, but the database was wiped clean, so you can use all your original email addresses and passwords

Duxford's recently acquired example... ;)

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: IRIS sale now on...with $5 specials

Post by DaveG »

5 Australian Dollars = £3.11

Can't really go wrong for that price!

Shame I've already got the Vulcan and A10 :doh:
Dave G.

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

I've got the Vulcan, but my eye is on the Microjet just in case.

Not bad for $12.50 but if it's on the $5 deal later then all the better - http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/produ ... ea022baf90

I've always fancied myself as a James Bond flying through a hangar :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hmmm...I always fancied myself as James Bond with Britt Ekland.

I'll probably be grabbing the A-10, too.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I'm waiting for the A-10A as well. Trouble is, it seems to be stuck on the F-20. I checked yesterday and the F-20 was the $5 offer, looking now, it still is!

Hmm.

I actually have most of these and very fine models they are, too. I don't know what it is, but some IRIS models have a little something that others - even those of quality - don't seem to have.
In particular, when I jump into the PC-9 or T-6 Texan II, I just feel like a lad on Christmas morning, can't wait to get stuck in to the 'presents'. It's something akin to that 'new car feeling' syndrome.... *-)

Maybe just that the VCs are so clear and functional. And squeaky-clean, which some may say isn't realistic - but it's a feeling that takes some beating and gets my Zastas - which is the point of the exercise from Dave's point of view! :)

Shame I missed the F-14 - I have now spent so much on SF2, RoF and FSX, as well as the nice big Airfix Nimrod, that I think I'll be receiving notice from my wife's lawyer if I keep on in this way. :shhh:

JD

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You may need to refresh your browser John, it's the DA-40 today.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

J0hn wrote:
Shame I missed the F-14 - I have now spent so much on SF2, RoF and FSX, as well as the nice big Airfix Nimrod, that I think I'll be receiving notice from my wife's lawyer if I keep on in this way. :shhh:

JD

John, the F-14 will be coming up again. David Brice has said the best sellers will come back as the $5 specials, so keep an eye on it :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... hp?t=46600

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

I've got my eye on that Diamond DA-40, ....diesel :agree:

Thanks for the HU Mr K :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yep, I'm considering that too, though it might just be the DA-42 Twin Star for me. There's one based at Cambridge airport, and I think its for people gaining their twin rating and maybe instruments too. Anyway, its always up; seems to earn its keep more than adequately. A bit weird looking, but a good-weird. ;)

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

:lol: 42 right - yes ... .. I was looking at the 40 they have on sale today when typing my post.... :worried:

We have one at Lantana often for training as well, although at 600 k I think they could have found a cheaper aircraft to use for training.

agreed it being a weird looking aircraft . and being diesel , odder still... but you need one of those in a collection for the shock value.
So when your showing off your lot people will point and say "oh whats that you've got.... eww ".. .... you know.. ;)