A thread about fish

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A thread about fish

Post by airboatr »

Last edited by airboatr on 03 Feb 2011, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: British Depot

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You want to try proper Fish and Chips.not Frrench fries....served in newspaper preferably with the print on it.........oh the smell :excited:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Garry Russell wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

You want to try proper Fish and Chips.not Frrench fries....served in newspaper preferably with the print on it.........oh the smell :excited:
Very hard to find in the US unfortunatly. There is a chain called Arthur Treachers that sells them but they are not very good. I make my own at home on occasion, probably not very good either. ;) The last time I was in London I found two excellent chippies in the Bloomsbury area. I just don't recall the names because I am chronolgically challenged.

Nigel²

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sadly can't get them in printed newspaper locally either....not since the early 1970's....but I still remember the smell :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Whoever died of newsprint poisoning from eating too much fish 'n chips *-) No.. on second thoughts, there MUST have been at least one :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

*-) I didn't ask for fish and chips, :|

Felixx62
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Felixx62 »

Talking of fish,dont know if anybody was watching Hugh's Fish Fight the other week, a very interesting programme about fishing on Channel 4. I never knew so much fish that got caught had to be thrown back over board, due to the fact that fisherman have quotas for the amount of each type of fish they are allowed to catch. Once that is reached all excess fish have to be thrown back overboard into the sea. I couldnt believe what i was seeing,this trawler must have been throwing a good few hundred dead fish back in to the sea every day,just for the birds and other sea life to eat. What a complete waste of good fish....Time to end this madness..What is the eec thinking of....

ps..If we all keep eating Cod,its gonna run out and well be left with just the chips *-)

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

:rofl: :rofl:
B)smk
FW

DelP
The Gurus

Re: A thread about fish

Post by DelP »

Luckily Joe, I read your original post before you deleted it ;)

Decent tea is important, during my lifetime I've had the luxury of living outside of the UK and those insipid little tea-bags on string with a tag on the end that they pass for tea in other countries just don't do it..a dark leaf tea from Tetleys or the NAAFI brewed to death...that's tea ;)

After a long haul and you've dug in, found time to powder your feet and change socks, that first decent brew is pure nectar......

Please read the label on the Ribena, don't drink it straight out of the bottle.

I've been a veggie for the past 30 years ( army compo rations minced beef and onion killed my guts :-# ) so I have no intention of talking about fish.....

Derek ;)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A thread about fish

Post by Nigel H-J »

Why is it that fish and chips no longer taste the way they used to? Probably due to the fact that they used to use proper fat to cook them? Oh, bring back the days of newspaper servings.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.