AI Tucano Touch and Go...Help!!

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tg13
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

AI Tucano Touch and Go...Help!!

Post by tg13 »

I'm struggling to get more than one touch and go with the flightplan listed,no matter what times i seem to state.Ideally i would like the Tucano to do 3 circuits at Church Fenton,then return to Linton for 3 circuits,then land.Please help as i've been trying to conquer this ALL day...many thanks in advance. AC#600,ZF200,80%,24Hr,VFR,08:58:20,TNG09:53:58,020 ,R,0000,EGXG,09:57:58,TNG11:55:51,010,R,0000,EGXU

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: AI Tucano Touch and Go...Help!!

Post by DaveB »

TG13..

It's been a while since I've done this but I seem to remember some rule about arrival/departure/arrival times between legs must be over 10mins. I'm not sure if that rule applies here but someone will know. PeterM has his finger very firmly on the AI pulse so he'll probably be able to help you :)

EDIT:.. I've found the relevant section from TTools readme..
Touch and Go’s :

For FS2004, Microsoft added the capability to program aircraft to perform practice circuits. This is done by prefixing the arrival time field with the code ‘TNG’, for example:

AC#26,N14023,1%,24Hr,VFR,
20:00:00,TNG21:30:00,050,R,0000,CZBB,
23:00:00,23:35:00,050,R,0000,CYXX,

Any leg of a flight plan can be programmed for Touch and Go’s. The AI will fly that leg at his normal cruise speed and upon arrival he will fly circuits until the specified arrival time (21:30:00 in the example above). If the departure time of the next leg is within 10 minutes of the arrival time of the current leg then he will not land but instead will fly on to the next destination. If the next leg departure time is more than 10 minutes ahead then he will do a normal landing and park until scheduled to depart on the next leg. You must leave at least a minute or so between the arrival and next departure times. If you use the same time for arrival and next departure then problems will occur.

You can also make an aircraft perform practice circuits at the same airport without going to another. This still requires two legs, but both legs can be designated for the same airport. It is theoretically possible to have a Touch and Go flight plan with a single leg, but this doesn’t seem to work properly. Here is an example flight plan for a single airport practice session:

AC#26,N1234,1%,24Hr,VFR,
17:00:00,TNG18:00:00,010,R,0000,CYOW,
20:00:00,TNG21:00:00,010,R,0000,CYOW,

In this example the aircraft will take off at 17:00 and immediately begin performing circuits. He will continue that until 18:00 when he will land and park. He will take off again at 20:00 and perform another hour of circuits then land again.

The circuits are performed at the pattern altitude and direction for the runway used, as specified in the airport facility data.

FS2002 will ignore the TNG flag if it is encountered, and when arriving at the destination airport the AI will land immediately instead of performing circuits until the designated arrival time.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

tg13 wrote:I'm struggling to get more than one touch and go with the flightplan listed,no matter what times i seem to state.Ideally i would like the Tucano to do 3 circuits at Church Fenton,then return to Linton for 3 circuits,then land.Please help as i've been trying to conquer this ALL day...many thanks in advance. AC#600,ZF200,80%,24Hr,VFR,08:58:20,TNG09:53:58,020 ,R,0000,EGXG,09:57:58,TNG11:55:51,010,R,0000,EGXU
I would advise you NOT to program that last 3 circuits at Linton before landing...This is to avoid a bug in FS. The bug is caused by weather deterioration at base...IE if it deteriorates before the aircraft gets back to LAND then its T&Gs are changed to GO-AROUNDS and it will never touch down or LAND even if the weather goes back to IFR. If you just do the T&Gs at the away station and only program a LAND back at the base, then this will break out of the bug and he will LAND back instead of doing GO-AROUNDS till you exit FlightSim. Once an AI aircraft has changed its VFR plan by filing an IFR plan (on the ground or in the air) then that flight will never return to VFR, even if the weather recovers to "Gin Clear".

Compile this:-
AC#600,ZF200,80%,24Hr,VFR,08:58:20,00:00:00,020 ,R,0000,EGXG,12:00:00,00:00:00,010,R,0000,EGXU

Then look at it again and it will now show landing times...To the landing time at EGXG, ADD the number of minutes that you want it to do T&Gs and edit "TNG" into the front of that time...Now mentally ADD 3 minutes to that "End of TNG" time and use this new time for the TAKE-OFF from EGXG(changing it from the 12:00:00that I have used). This last will ensure that the aircraft will proceed on to EGXU without actually landing at EGXG.

Now recompile it again and this will give a landing time at EGXU...If you wish to ignore my advice and set it to do T&Gs before landing at EGXU, then edit it again using the same rules as you did for EGXG. The aircraft will now LAND at EGXU when it comes to the end of the TNG time that you calculated.

REMEMBER...You MUST close the FlightPlans text file before compiling and the reopen it again in WordPad after compiling.

tg13
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tg13 »

Thank you so much for you help Dave and Peter,spot on now!!