EE LIGHTNING F.6

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

EE LIGHTNING F.6

Post by Filonian »

Just received an e-mail from Just Flight with the following: -

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=639

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: EE LIGHTNING F.6

Post by FlyTexas »

Got that email too. It's really tempting but the price is a bit high for me. :( I could purchase a couple of Prince Harry/Princess Kate Anniversary mugs for the cost of this aircraft. :lol: Looking forward to what others have to say about her...the aircraft, not Kate. ;)

Brian

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

FlyTexas wrote:Got that email too. It's really tempting but the price is a bit high for me. :( I could purchase a couple of Prince Harry/Princess Kate Anniversary mugs for the cost of this aircraft. :lol: Looking forward to what others have to say about her...the aircraft, not Kate. ;)

Brian

:-# :hide:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

Post by Sl4yer »

Has nobody bought this then? I'm tempted, although I don't think I've used FSX for nearly a year... A good Lightning (and a bit of free time) could change that though.

James

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

I've got it.
I delayed posting a report as I'm in a very slow email conversation with Just Flight.
The aircraft has a Navigation instrument, a type of HSI, but no course adjustment knob. i.e. you can't set it to follow VOR radials or set the ILS. They aren't really grasping my question which is have I missed it or have they not included it? :wall:

On first inpressions, the VC is excellent, the externals are good, sounds good and it flys nice, twitchy in roll a bit but nothing you can't deal with.

If they sort the Nav issue, I'd give it 9/10!

I'll keep you updated here.

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

i.e. you can't set it to follow VOR radials or set the ILS.
Oh dear :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Not overly impressed with Just Flight.

I raised a support request with JF regarding my inability to find the Course or Hdg knob on the HSI.

After a few emails, JF kept asking me to reinstall, not quite grasping what I was asking about. (Possibly understandable given the difficulty of email) I had to go right back to the basic and ask;

1. Are there course and heading knobs to allow me to set the instrument to track an ILS or a VOR?

2. If so, where is it?

I then just got a reply saying;

We are currently working on a Service pack that will address these problems 8)

Not, "ooh! thanks for pointing this out", or "sorry for misunderstanding you" or "yes, we'd forgotton that"

Another case of rushing an unfinished product out??

I may be gloating a little but in the world of software development, I think I've just had my peak!!

I'd await a service pack and then purchase.

Once this service pack comes out, I'll do a full test and post it up here.

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

Just Flight are just the publisher, someone else made it so you will just be emailing people who have no idea about it and getting a standard response.

I think it's an Aeroplane Heaven aircraft, was a mention of possibly doing one on Sim Outhouse in 2010 and I believe they are the ones who have done the recent JF Comet, Viscount and DC-6 releases.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Its a shame about the problems, because it looks a good model, Some of the repaints I've seen really set it off nicely. Not my cup of tea in FSX, but it looks rather good.