Isles of Scilly demo video

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Isles of Scilly demo video

Post by Airspeed »

OK it's twenty quid, but if you like up close detail including local sounds for VFR, this is worth a look.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT1qswt ... re=related

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Isles of Scilly demo video

Post by DaveB »

Beware Mike..

Buying this will almost certainly lead to you having to buy Alderney and Guernsey too :lol: Jersey is in the pipeline but I've no idea how progressed it is :)

It's all great scenery mate :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Yes Dave,
Though I've bought none yet, the Channel Islands looked mouth watering. :agree: Apparently there are dolphins, seals and all sorts included. Each is sold separately, and I think the CI are a bit more pricey. :-O

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Here's a link to their store Mike.. have your plastic ready :lol: http://www.earthsimulations.com/Store/

I have The Isles of Scilly, Alderney, Guernsey and Treescapes 1to3. Alderney runs fine on my old dog of a system.. I see a few hits off the IoS and a lot more off Guernsey. I expect Jersey to give a similar amount when it's released. If you have GenX scenery, then it's a must to get Treescapes.. though an expensive one :( One saving grace.. you don't need Treescapes for the CI or IoS as they come complete with all vegetation ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Eddie (Vegas) did some coverage here of flying in the Scillies

Those and Alderney being small are the most detailed.

Guernsey reduces my FS.X to a series of jerks and Jersey will probably be slightly less detailed than Guernsey as it's twice the size so I expect a bit of a hit with that if I ever buy it or in fact even continue to try and use FS.X. :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

You're a cruel man Dave! :OB:
I was actually on their site and decided to look at the demos, that's where this all started. Drool drool. Maybe Christmas or next birthday!

Golly gosh Mr Russell, we can't have you leaving FSX! How much space do you have in your desktop? I might have some old bits to boost your system.

You both surprise me really, I thought that you weren't happy unless at 30,000ft with a bunch of hair dryers either side of you?

On that subject, I've made a minor observation. On most UK TV shows, the sky is laced with contrails; here I see the occasional one in Autumn when the air cools, and never during Summer, so it's not just because they're flying lower. I guess they would be visible in winter too, but we're often cloaked in fog or cloud. I don't notice them in Spring, as I have other stuff to think about. :shhh:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Mike

My system is powerful, but the Guernsey runs in jerks :dunno:

I'll probably be reducing the power as when I can get the chap who put it together to continue to support it if I go back to XP, not all the power will be usable.

Contrails seem to be more in colder climates

I now people who live in warmer places and like you don't see them much.

In the Arctic you get vids of aircraft contrailing on the runway.

We get contrails most of the time although they don't always last and not always long

This was the day flights resumed after the Volcanic ash shut down

Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

When you've piled money at FSX, it is definitely superior to FS9 in certain areas.. one of which is when flying low and slow over a GenX enabled UK complemented with Treescape and UK2000 airfields. Additionally, things that happen on water are much better. All this means that when I fly seriously (on the VA for example).. I use FS9. When I'm dossing around with nowhere in particular to go or if I want to catch Ark Royal steaming down the Irish Sea in a Sea Vixen, I use FSX. That's the beauty of running both ;)

Re contrails.. quite often, the sky is awash with them and quite beautiful they can be. The shot below on the other hand is extremely boring :lol: I'd just pulled up outside the house on the bike, taken my lid off and looked up to see this..
4 Tornado's transiting the Lichfield Corridor on their way home having been for a play in N Wales :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Don't forget Orbx/FTX are preparing a UK release, no idea as to timeline but I personally would hold tight to avoid a clash.
Alex

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Beautiful scenery. :thumbsup: Nice seagull too. I can just picture myself flying around the island pooping on cars. :lol:

Brian