calling 'fisheads' and 'wafu's'

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

calling 'fisheads' and 'wafu's'

Post by Motormouse »

For those of you that use that other sim....aka FSX... :lol:
new freeware HMS Invincible available; via forum post at Sim-Outhouse 'FSX' section.

Can't comment on it myself as I don't have a working 'X'; but screenshots look OK.

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: calling 'fisheads' and 'wafu's'

Post by DaveB »

Fisheads... how rude! :-O :lol: Thanks for the HU Pete ;) Pity it's not Victorious/Hermes/Bulwark/Albion e t c :(

EDIT: I had a look for it Pete but couldn't find it. Obviously didn't look in the right place :lol: Having thought about it, there's nothing I have that can use a ski-ramp so it'd be a pointless d/l anyway.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Hi Dave,

Here if you change your mind.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... Invincible

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks Graham. Pete had said it was in the 'forums'. I was pushed for time earlier and didn't get that far. As you've been kind enough to give me the link, I've downloaded it anyway.. rude not to ;)

I was devastated by that thread though. Been looking forward to Mark's 'Eagle' for a long time and to see he's withdrawn it due to rivet counters is a complete bummer. No slur on Mark at all.. I understand how he feels. Just that he was giving it freely and as such, it should be taken as such.. not pulled apart by folk with nothing better to do :rant:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Gutted that Mark has pulled Eagle, I was very much looking forward to it, there are some complete nob heads out there :rant:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If anyone loads this, let me know if you find it!

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

En route to JFK at the moment, but I'll check when I'm done :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

JKAGary
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JKAGary »

DaveB wrote:Thanks Graham. Pete had said it was in the 'forums'. I was pushed for time earlier and didn't get that far. As you've been kind enough to give me the link, I've downloaded it anyway.. rude not to ;)

I was devastated by that thread though. Been looking forward to Mark's 'Eagle' for a long time and to see he's withdrawn it due to rivet counters is a complete bummer. No slur on Mark at all.. I understand how he feels. Just that he was giving it freely and as such, it should be taken as such.. not pulled apart by folk with nothing better to do :rant:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
I couldn't help but have that little rant about the unjust criticism of Mark's work on my thread when I released Invincible. I thought his Kiev class was excellent and to release it as freeware was a brilliant gesture. I had been checking his website for I don't know how long waiting for news on HMS Eagle and couldn't believe some plonkers thought to criticise his work. Again i'm all for constructive criticism but I believe some of the comments crossed the line.

His models are far superior to mine so I did pause at one point and think "is it worth the hassle you'll get?"

Too late now though!

I'll add my own critique on my invincible class....not happy with the bow and annoyed I can't get animations to work...that's what happens when a Crab tries to model a ship.

:)

G

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Mate :hello:

I took off from EGPH in an AEW Seaking to pick it up at 0950 (it's supposed to sail at 1000 daily for a turnaround off North Berwick) and in the end, I changed to the Mighty Hunter but still never found it. Landed back at EGPH to track a live flight PHNL to Kona.. my cousin is out there enjoying some sunshine :)

Oh.. my shipping is on 51% which should be enough? *-)

EDIT:.. you popped in there as I sent this mate. Totally agree. Constructive criticism is one thing but folk are too eager to go one step further. Mark's a member here and he's welcome to come and release it whenever he see's fit :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

DaveB wrote:If anyone loads this, let me know if you find it!
As it says in the readme, off Rosyth at 10:00 Zulu daily:

George