Looking for a FS Yoke

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Looking for a FS Yoke

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hi all, I seem to keep looking at FS yokes as I seem to fly some aircraft types that would suit a yoke more than my thrustmaster warthog. What I would like is peoples opinions of the ones available out there? Im likely to hold off on buying one until October Flight Sim show at Cosford.

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Looking for a FS Yoke

Post by dodger »

Hi Chris,

Well i can really recommend the CH Flight Sim Yoke, i have had mine from new nearly 14 yrs and except for my old faithful Saitek Cyborg 3D which i use if i get the urge to fly Hele's it's been great, :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Chris :hello:
I'm using a CH Yoke. As you'll have seen from the adverts, it has a number of buttons, quadrants and switches to make simming easier. I don't know if it's just because mine was 2nd hand, but I'm not entirely happy about the fore-aft self centralising; I've dismantled it, sprayed silicone, considered extra springs, as it often sticks a little off neutral.
I'd like to see Roger the Dodger's word on this.
I'd always fancied the Saitek to replace my trusty CH Thrustmaster stick, and home made pedals, which saw me through years of GA and combat simming, but I took an ebay offer of yoke, pedals and FS2004. IIRC, the Saitek has more progammable buttons, which would be very handy.
If you don't have pedals yet, you've just gotta get 'em!
Hope you find a good deal.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

I bought CH yoke and pedals several years ago and have been happy with them.I was advised at the time to periodically lubricate the shaft of the yoke with a PTFE based spray,which I have been doing and all seems to be ok. :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

thanks chaps, keep them coming, I have the Saitek ruder pedals which are not as they used to be, the stiffener has broken and a bit of play in the centre, I've had to take them apart a few times to fix them as the runners inside have locked up or dislodged. Anyway I know the quality of Saitek, I however haven't a clue on CH hence the advice being asked...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris :)

I've not used either for ages (space is an issue plus I can no longer be @rsed!!) but I have a CH Yoke and pedals. The yoke used to come in 2 flavours.. standard and pro. I bought the 'pro' for it's extra buttons and they really are useful. I programmed 1 for reverse thrust and one for airbrakes and this made flying tubeliners a dream.. no more keyboard!! Can't remember now just how many buttons there are but 6 springs to mind :)

While using a yoke makes flying aircraft that should be flown with a stick a little odd (though far from impossible).. it really makes flying 'yoke fitted' models that much better ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hi Dave,

Ill still use my warthog for the stick aircraft, just feel I would like a yoke for those others...

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Chris,

If your travels bring you down Huntingdon way, I've got a Saitek yoke lying around that you're welcome to.
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

boom, splat! :-O
That was my brain exploding! Go Chris-an offer you can't refuse!
What a champ that Effoh is!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Oh that's an offer! I was going past that way a few weeks ago, many thanks, ill keep it in mind if your willing to hang on a little longer?