Lightning interceptor

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

pedrodowd
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Lightning interceptor

Post by pedrodowd »

Hi guys
Apologies If this is in the wrong place. I made an Fsx video of two lightnings intercepting a bear. Any comments or advice greatly received. Apologies for the ten second black screen at the beginning I'm still trying to figure out how to add titles lol!
http://youtu.be/ZfcU-ScArJk

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Lightning interceptor

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pedro and welcome :hello:

Boy.. that must have taken you a while to put together. Pity there aren't really 2 QRF Lightnings at EMA.. imagine how many spotters there'd be :lol: One aircraft didn't appear to have it's nav's on *-) Still.. I enjoyed it very much. I half expected to see the rear gunner in the Bear waving :lol: Well done that man :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

I enjoyed it a lot and this might sound a bit harsh but as a story telling it's way way off. The Bear could have been bombing Whitehall before those two got off the ground. Besides the fact the QRA aircraft lit up and were gone in seconds, the Lightning is a beast of the air and looks much better aloft and chugging around a peri-track.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I thought it was an exceptionally well made and beautifully flown video. Well Done! :agree:

pedrodowd
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pedrodowd »

Thanks so much for your replies guys, and thanks for watching.
I really appreciate your honesty Brian. I completely agree about the qra, when I was putting it together I was thinking just that! I need to find a good scenery with a q shed I can start the film off with. I think gettin them rolling straight onto the active would have made more sense. I may take this version down and edit the beginning accordingly.
Thanks again for all your comments, any ideas for a sequel? I, looking for a good tanker for some mid air shots if you guys can recommend any?

pedrodowd
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pedrodowd »

Hi guys
Thanks for your posts and for sitting through the film! Many thanks for your comment Brian, I was thinking just the same when I was putting it together. I will recut the movie with a different scramble type situation. I just need to find a shed as a q shed. Any ideas for a good orbx location? Also I'd like to find a tanker vc10 or victor maybe to use for some air to air refuelling. I may fix the sound issue with re recording the taxi in too!
Any ideas for another video let me know I'll give it a go!
Thanks again for your messages guys. If you like I'll post the new video when I cut it together, I'd like to make it accurate as poss!

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

I enjoyed that film. Ghost Riders in the sky?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Having just re-read my post.. I need a :guinn: QRF indeed :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Pedrodowd, thats a great video ! The view from the cockpit of the other Lightning and the Bear was so authentic. Very well done . :thumbsup:

pedrodowd
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pedrodowd »

Hello again
I've made a few changes as per some of the comments.
http://youtu.be/G71OuHEiMWg