disappearing posts?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

disappearing posts?

Post by 233SQN »

I posted a couple of days back regarding the use of multiplayer..... but for some reason the post has totally disappeared.

Not sure if it has been moved (if so I can't find it) or deleted (did i do something wrong?)

Any thoughts?

rgds

Colin
Thanks

Colin Bear

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: disappearing posts?

Post by DaveG »

Nothing you've done Colin.
Our website provider has had a few issues. They had a server problem, so we lost a few days worth of posts, then they re-instated a backup which wiped out any posts made in between. 8)
Fingers crossed it's stable now. :lol:
Dave G.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I think it is stable but there is only one page of posts showing...There used to be more than 1. Possibly as many as 3...Does that mean some pages of posts are lost?

Lewis - a2a
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Lewis - a2a »

I think some of the lost pages might now be back as I am sure the FTX Trees postings in the payware forum are back to full strength?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Some posts are still missing I'm afraid.. newer ones rather than later. Here's where we're at..

The forum dropped the first time due to a fault at our ISP. They eventually got it back but with a few days missing. Ben told them about this and a little later.. the forum dropped again.. this time due to Webfusion adding the data they'd missed after it dropped the first time. Unfortunately.. adding the missing data overwrote what had been written in the interim!! They've done this again since but once more.. data written in the interim has been overwritten. I think the only way we'll ever get back to normal is to lose the forum for about a week. They can then reinstate the data they've just overwritten.. leave it a few days then add what they'll have overwritten with the last reinstatement 8) :wall: :lol:

For our part.. we're saying nothing and I don't think we've said anything since the first outage. Groundhog day :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!