NVidia Shadow Play Help!

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

NVidia Shadow Play Help!

Post by Nigel H-J »

From Mikes' Thread regarding recording videos DaveG suggested using Shadow PLay from NVidia and also gave a link to the download page however, after downloading onto my mobile phone when in a Wifi Area I returned home and installed it onto my computer (Have GeForce Series GTX700).

After installation all it shows is GeForce_Experience_v2.4.5.28 and on the main screen just a menu listing
Games - Drivers - My Rig - Shield - Preferences. Went into Preferences but nothing concerning how to record games. The menu box is no different to what is already installed on my computer (NVidia Driver and Software).

When installing Shadow Play do you have to be connected to the internet as well as when using it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: NVidia Shadow Play Help!

Post by DaveG »

I've not used it myself, (don't have it installed), but there's a short thread over at the Avsim P3d forum about recording video that shows a screenshot of the config screen. Looks like you go to preferences, then there should be a ShadowPlay entry on the left hand side.
Dave G.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

It will run only on W7 and later. It won't run on XP.

George

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks Dave and George, just had another look at it and although I am running Win7 it requires internet connection which is a bit of a bind to be honest, already have the latest NVidia GeForce Experience installed but it does not have icon on the top right for Shadowplay even though my computer meets the required specifications.

System Requirements for Shadowplay:

General System Requirements
Operating System:Windows 8, 8.1
Windows 7
Windows Vista (DirectX 11 Runtime required)
Windows XP SP3 (driver updates only)
RAM:2GB system memory

Disk Space Required:20MB minimum
Internet Connectivity:Required :doh: :wall:
Display Resolution:Any display with 1024x768 to 3840×2160 resolution

Many thanks for your help, decided to download Bandicam after reading Keiths' post when I was out shopping today. Will give that a try when I get back home.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.