Milviz F100D Released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Milviz F100D Released

Post by DaveB »

As the title says.. Milviz have released their long awaited Super Sabre. It looks stunning.. as does the price :-O

http://milviz.com/flight/
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Milviz F100D Released

Post by Paul K »

It does look nice, though the weathering looks a bit severe in some of those pictures. Weathering is good, but it doesn't necessarily follow that lots of weathering must be lots of good. It's like mustard in a ham sandwich. Other shots are much more like what one would expect.

That VC is top notch, no doubt about it. If we get a version for DCS, I'll buy it. If Milviz has a sale, I'll get it for P3D ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. there was a fair bit of discussion at SoH about the weathering in some shots looking rather severe!!! I'm sure there'll be a lot of repaints for it though and I doubt any will end up as weathered as the particular paint you're talking about ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Can't seem to link to the pictures, but they are 25/28 and 26/28. The aircraft looks almost a derelict ! :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Agree mate.. 25 in particular :-O They look better than that having sat out in the Mojave for years :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Does it have bump maps? I can't quite make them out in the screenshots. :hide:
It does look good though. At least they're only charging one price for FSX & P3d, including TacPack compatibility.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:Does it have bump maps? I can't quite make them out in the screenshots. :hide:
Do we detect a teensy weeny hint of sarcasm there, Mr. G ? :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. even though $50 is way outside my pay-scale (currently £35.70+/-).. I have a soft spot for the Super Sabre and after 3 or 4 visits to the SS page.. I added to basket :lol:

I've only looked at one of the polished paints thus far but I can confirm it DOES have bump maps :lol: Interestingly.. there are 4 sub-folders called texture.BumpsLow, BumpsMax, BumpsMed and BumpsMin confirming that it does indeed have bumps.. millions of em :-O The texture maps themselves are 2048x2048 and don't show as well as I'd like on this rig but that's more likely to be my rig. I've never been able to get AA as I've wanted.

It runs very well on the old i5-2500K though you can tell you're running a Milviz model. It may actually run a little better than the F-15.. all steam gauges and no hideous HUD to slow things down. Internal maps take a second to redraw when you've been loafing outside but on popping outside.. the maps load straight away. Certain little bits and bobs can be accessed from a menu added to the Add-ons dropdown while others are accessed via the Milviz MVAMS panel lurking on your desktop. These include ready to fly or cold and dark :) NVAMS also gives the option to assign keystrokes to many of the functions. Some options inside MVAMS can be accessed 'in flight' and added to the model via a 'Send to sim' button

Sounds are as you'd expect from Mizviz.

The flight model is different but nice. Takeoffs are 'routine' though the old girl needs a good run. Approaches need rather more concentration. There's a fine line between a nice steady approach and falling out of the sky but I found it relatively straightforward to control. No farting around with NWS.. this works out of the box and continues to work. I'm sure I've seen an option somewhere so you may be able to disable it.

As noted.. it comes with full TacPack integration as standard. Don't have TP so I can't comment on that bit.

The download file is 383mb which translates to a SimObjects folder size of 1.22gb.

I've not scratched the surface.. not even a little bit. Plenty in there for your $50. Pity I'll only ever use $25 worth :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Post by Angus Prune »

What OS are you running Dave? The sales page says it runs on Vista, Win 7 or Win 10 and "use of this product in any other version of Windows is not supported at this time."
"I don't care how many times they go up-diddly-up-up; they're still gits."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Frank Safranek just noted that at SoH.. Win8/8.1 are not supported (can't see why). I run WIn7 Ultimate mate.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage