Third Moan of The Month!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Third Moan of The Month!

Post by Court Line Flyer »

...permit me to build on Nigel's first two moans :rant:

...like when you're out with the dog at night and motorists leave their lights on full beam, blinding you (and the dog), forcing you to stop and shield your eyes...and they STILL don't get the message! Selfish whatnots.

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Re: Third Moan of The Month!

Post by Jon.M »

I think it depends where you are.

If you're in an area with street lights and pavements then I agree with you. However if you're on a road without street lights and pavements I think that it's more important that they can see you and your dog. In such a situation you would no doubt be carrying a torch and wearing a high visibility vest.

Stay safe,

Jon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Ooooh Goodie, another moan!! :excited:

I can't agree more with that and also I have approached pedestrians when there has been no lighting and always dip my headlamps as I know where they are as soon as I see them. The one problem with keeping main beam on is that you can temporarily blind them and also cause them to sway off their walking line through being blinded.

Would like to add one footnote on this subject and that is in lighted areas I find some drivers park their vehicles facing towards oncoming traffic whilst waiting for a passenger and sit there with headlamps on....I always put mine to full beam provided no-one is approaching as I often find it uncomfortable and try to minimise the glare especially if their headlamps are not adjusted properly. :rant:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Nigel H-J wrote:Ooooh Goodie, another moan!! :excited:

I find some drivers park their vehicles facing towards oncoming traffic

Regards
Nigel.
You get a ticket for that here.
Alex