New Music

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

New Music

Post by ChrisHunt »

Here's a subject for a new year. What, if any, new music or artists have you been introduced to recently and of those, which have you taken to? I must admit to having a bit of a soft spot for female singer song writers and here's a few from me: Charlene Soraia, Lord McKenna and Christine and the Queens.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: New Music

Post by DaveB »

.. Charlene Soraia, Lord McKenna and Christine and the Queens.
Err.. :worried: *-) :dunno:

I'm not moving in the same circles :lol:

TBH.. I don't hear much radio. If I'm on an early.. my break often happens around the 1015/1030 mark so I'll turn on Radio2 and listen to 'Pop Master'. The radio will go off again once I'm on the move.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

We are getting introduced to a few new musically styles and artists round here, apart from the ever present samba we now have funk, Brazilian country, and something that seems to resemble cats being strangled. Unfortunately the introduction usually takes place in the early hours of the morning, at maximum volume.

So no, we haven't taken to any of it at all. :rant: :rant:

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still sniggering :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

HTruman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by HTruman »

Don't really listen to the radio anymore. :$ Most of my tunes come through YouTube. I tend to like the YouTube band 'Recommended for You'. :lol:

H

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Do you not have any music stuff at home Dave?

The Brazilian stuff made me laugh - a bit like certain parts of Spain where all the (very) loud and open air stuff happens after midnight grrr.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Do you not have any music stuff at home Dave?
I've a couple of air-band radios.. oh yes, and a Technics mini tower which gets turned on high days and holidays :lol: I just never get moved to turn the radio on. Blame cheap TV's!! I watch 'Yesterday'.. so called because 90% of what is on on one day was on yesterday.. ITV4 (the Saint pop's up every now and again) and Quest. Late in the day.. I might catch BBC4 which often has a musical theme though none of it could be considered new. I'm actually watching BBC4 now as all the other channels are repeats. This programme about diesel engines is probably a repeat too but I've not seen it before :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Joanne Shaw Taylor. Blues rock guitar, singer/songwriter. Saw her at the tail end of last year. Highly recommended. :rock:
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Sorry, Chris,
Charlene and Christine lasted about 45 seconds, and that was sheer determination to give them a fair hearing. Christine and friends don't even move well. :|

Lord Mc.....Google didn't find me any music, just the real Lord and some stupid cartoon. If you send me a link, I promise that I'll listen and watch. :worried: :worried: :worried:

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Oops! Lori McKenna. That's auto correct for you.