In memory of.........

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

In memory of.........

Post by Nigel H-J »

Tara. Did not want to post in Mikes' thread after he lost his beloved cat but our last dog past away many years ago, Babs and I still miss her! :((

As with all dogs, cats and any animal for that matter they develop a certain characteristic of their own, Tara loved to play with other dogs but not all, but as she got older she became somewhat slower later in life but was up to showing other dogs who was top dog!!

As she got slower she became more frustrated as other dogs were slightly quicker than her but soon she worked out how to stop them from leaving her standing. As they turned to come back on themselves Tara would cut the corner and then grab between her teeth the other dogs tail and bring them to a painful stop. That usually ended their session with a yelp and no longer play!! :lol:

One night I was getting the car out to go to work and Babs called me in urgently, I could see the way Tara was, frightened and shaking, that she had suffered a stroke. We looked after her for about 2 weeks giving her pills from the vet but alas, even though we could not bear her to leave us we knew the time had come for her to be put down. She was 13 years old and although not in any pain she was at times frightened. It is so easy to become selfish and try to keep them alive but you have to do what is best.

I took her to the vet and she agreed with me that the best way for Tara was to be put to sleep. Some days later I looked up and I was not imagining this but saw a dark shape of a dog coming towards me then disappear. I was not afraid but inwardly felt that Tara had come home.

Tara as a puppy. Belgian Shepherd.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: In memory of.........

Post by Paul K »

A lovely looking dog. She must be sorely missed.