Edgley Optica on Flightsim

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Edgley Optica on Flightsim

Post by Vixus »

Right, I'm ditching my Optica project for FS. This one is pretty good, better than I could do right now. I'll go for something more mainstream. It has a good looking 2D panel, well modelled interior. I don't know about VC.
Here are a list of files to get at fs.com:

optica4.zip
opticfix.zip
opticmod.zip

PS: While I'm moaning about my FS skill can someone please point me to a good tutorial that gets me started with modelling an aircraft in GMAX right through to compile and export?

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

From reading answers on various forums, the tutorials that come with Gmax are the starting point. And don't just do the P-38 one :tuttut:

Start at the beginning and work through them, even if they don't seem relevant to flightsims. The idea is to introduce the techniques bit by bit.

Then Google for "Gmax tutuorial" - first hit was

The Stupid Idiots' Guide to starting with gMax at:

http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/gMax_00.htm

Then it is lots of steep learning curve, frustration and (if you are like me) despair and giving up.

And that was despite my wife (who knows 3D Studio Max) encouraging me and actually completing the P-38 tutorial
:shock:

Edit: The Optica's been around a while now - some comments in the forum somewhere, inparticular about tha lack of pilot in the goldfish bowl :lol:

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

The Optica isn't that bad, though.